On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K12 Pro. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K12 Pro.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Lenovo K12 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Lenovo K12 Pro Device Overview:
The Lenovo K12 Pro features a 6.8-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1640 pixels. The screen has an aspect ratio of 20.5:9. For processing power, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 which is built on an 11nm manufacturing process. It has four Kryo 260 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz and four Kryo 260 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The Snapdragon 662 will be able to handle daily tasks quite easily.
Coming to the optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera for selfies. In the triple camera setup, we have a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we have a 16 MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The front and rear setup is limited to 1080p video recording.
For communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0, and FM radio. And for sensors, we get all the basics which include a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, and compass. Powering it all up is a massive 6,000 mAh battery with support for 20W fast charging. And you can even charge your other devices with 2.5W reverse wired charging. The smartphone is available in two color variants: Electric Violet and Metallic Sage. And for the price, we can expect this device to start at about 130 Euros.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Lenovo K12 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Lenovo K12 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K12 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K12 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K12 Pro
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Lenovo K12 Pro model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Lenovo K12 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Lenovo USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install them on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method To Install: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Lenovo K12 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Lenovo K12 Pro, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Lenovo K12 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Lenovo K12 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Lenovo K12 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Lenovo K12 Pro, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Lenovo K12 Pro
Guide to Root Lenovo K12 Pro via SuperSU
Guide to Root Lenovo K12 Pro via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.