Good News for all Lenovo S5 Pro users. Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root, or even back up and restore any ROM.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed it, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
Lenovo S5 Pro was announced in October 2018 which sports a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 83.0 %.
Lenovo S5 Pro is powered by an Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and was backed by a 3500 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera is concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 12MP + 20MP primary sensors and a dual selfie camera with an 12MP + 20MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Lenovo S5 Pro comes with a face unlock feature.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open-source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Lenovo S5 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Lenovo S5 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo S5 Pro.
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Install the Latest Lenovo USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows || For Mac: Click Here || For Full ADB Setup, Download Android SDK Platform
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On Lenovo S5 Pro (Firmware File)
- Common Lenovo S5 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Installation Guide using Adb Command Window:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Lenovo S5 Pro:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Lenovo S5 Pro without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting on Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Lenovo S5 Pro, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Lenovo S5 Pro, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Lenovo S5 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Lenovo S5 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Lenovo S5 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Lenovo S5 Pro, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root the Lenovo S5 Pro smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo S5 Pro. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.