Good news for all the Meizu 16X device users. Now, you can Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16X and Root it easily by following the full-depth guide below. Whenever the Android user wants to install any Custom ROM, GApps, any Custom Module, or enable Root access, the TWRP comes very useful. Even if you need to take a Nandroid backup or restore your device data, it’s easier to perform the task using TWRP.
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It’s an open-source software custom recovery image for Android devices that provides a touchscreen-enabled interface for the users. It allows users to install third-party firmware files and more that you may not find on a Stock Recovery mostly. Additionally, TWRP Recovery offers to remove bloatware, wiping cache partitions or system data, etc.
Now, before proceeding to the installing TWRP or rooting your device, the device bootloader should be unlocked at first. As most of the smartphone OEMs don’t offer an unlocked bootloader on their devices due to some security measures, you have to do it manually. You can say that unlocking the bootloader is a door of the world of customizations on Android.
Table of Contents
Meizu 16X Specifications: Overview
The Meizu 16X comes with a 6.0-inch Super AMOLED FHD display with a resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. It’s powered by octa-core Snapdragon 710 SoC, coupled with Adreno 616 GPU, 6GB RAM, and 64GB of onboard storage. It has a 3,100mAh battery with Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac, a 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, Type-C, and more connectivity features.
The device sports a dual rear camera setup of a 12MP (f/1.8) + 20MP (f/2.6) sensor with Dual-Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 4-axis OIS, Six-LED dual-tone flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, etc. The selfie shooter is a 20MP (wide, f/2.0) sensor. It has an optical under-display fingerprint scanner, gyro, proximity, an accelerometer, a compass sensor, etc.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Meizu 16X using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Meizu 16X
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16X.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16X.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Meizu 16X device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Meizu 16X
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Meizu 16X model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Meizu 16X bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Meizu USB Drivers | Qualcomm Drivers
Instructions to install
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command
fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16X device.
- Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Meizu 16X, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Meizu 16X by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Meizu 16X.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Meizu 16X.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
Steps to Root Meizu 16XGuide to Root Meizu 16X via SuperSU Guide to Root Meizu 16X via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.