Updated on September 21, 2020: We have added the latest version of the UFI Box EMMC Service Tool v188.8.131.529 which adds the new features and supports more new devices.
If you’re using a smartphone and facing issues with EMMC storage like the storage isn’t working or corrupted or you want to update the firmware on EMMC, then you’re in the right place. Here we’ve shared the download link, installation guide, and other details of the UFI Box that will help you perform various tasks on your device using the Windows PC/laptop.
It’s quite obvious that every electronic device or parts may get damaged or face issues. So, it’s better to fix those issues by using the tool or software which will be handy for any user. You can also check out all the advantages or features of this useful tool before using it to understand better. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s take a look at the tool details.
Table of Contents
What is UFi Box?
The UFi Box is a powerful EMMC service tool that can easily read EMMC user data and can repair, resize, format, erase, read/write/update the firmware on EMMC in Samsung devices. Meanwhile, the tool also supports for some Chinese branded devices like Sk Hynix, Toshiba, Kingston, micron, etc. If you’re one of the mentioned device users and want to perform various tasks on EMMC, then you can download the UFi Box EMMC Service Tool from this article.
This is standalone software with a simple and useful interface that offers display as well. So, if you’re a newbie or don’t know that much of technical things, you can even use this tool very easily. It runs on all the Windows versions (32 bit & 64 bit). However, we will recommend you to use this tool on Windows 7 or later. Now, check out the software advantages below.
UFi Box EMMC Service Tool: Advantages
- It’s a stand-alone software.
- Easy to use tool with simple user interface.
- Supports database of various kinds of IC EMMC (included in the tool).
- Supports IC EMMC Samsung and other Chinese phones like SK Hynix, Toshiba, Kingston, micron, and other companies.
- It uses an 8bit full speed interface that offers faster speed.
- Supports the use, installation, and use-in support directly by practitioners.
Latest Changelog: UFi Tool v184.108.40.2069
- Support changes:
- ADD: Over 5.4TB compressed files uploaded to the support servers
- ADD: Revised support files core system
- ADD: Revised built-in download manager with resume and queue support
- ADD: Download limitation on each users (10 GiB or 20 files a day)
- eMMC ToolBox changes:
- ADD: Verify for User Partition
- Used to verify data from the specific partition of eMMC against data from the file
- ADD: Sector 0 verify for NAND Test function
- BUGFIX: PIT file handling bug fixed on Factory image tab
- BUGFIX: Workaround for FFU causing eMMC dead to moviNAND with VHX0 controller(KMVTU)
- BUGFIX: Minor bugfixes and improvements
- Android ToolBox changes:
- ADD: Disable MI Cloud Services
- This function will patch firmware version 8.0 and below(on the fly) while flashing
- Works on both Qualcomm and MediaTek platform
- BUGFIX: UFI Box and UFI Dongle can now work simultaneously
- BUGFIX: Minor bugfixes and improvements
- [MediaTek tab]
- ADD: Meizu SLA Auth support
- Meizu Mediatek Devices will work just like other Mediatek Devices in general(requires internet connection)
- ADD: Automated [Coolpad] Exit Factory Mode on firehose flashing procedure
- [Qualcomm tab]
- ADD: Support for Official LGE TOT Firmware extraction
- ADD: Automated General CDT handling for Other Qualcomm devices(Lenovo) on firehose flashing procedure
- BUGFIX: Oppo Qualcomm OFP extraction bug fixed
- BUGFIX: Revised DA handling for MT6750,MT6755(Helio P10),MT6757(Helio P20),MT6795(Helio X10),MT6797(Helio X20)
- BUGFIX: Revised [Oppo] Exit Fastboot Mode, now it should work on any known firmware variants
UFi Box Features
- Repair EMMC
- Resize EMMC
- Format EMMC
- Write full data, erase fully
- Read boot1
- Read boot2
- Read EXT CSD
- Read User Data
- Update firmware
- Via test point
Steps to Install UFI Box EMMC Service Tool on Windows
- After downloading the tool, run the setup.exe file on your computer.
- A new window will open the UFI Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the preferred driver that you want to install.
- The Device Driver Installation Wizard will complete.
- Now, select either UFI Box or UFI Dongle.
- Click on Next button > You may have to select the installation location manually.
- Click on Next again.
- Make sure you’ve selected the correct directory. Otherwise, the setup will install the software to ‘C:\UFI’ directory by default.
- Next, click on Install selected package(s) to check the box.
- Finally, click on the Next button to start installing the UFI.
- Wait for the complete installation.
- Check the box of Launch “UFI – eMMC Toolbox” now and click on Finish.
- The UFI_Box Tool will open > Click on Register > enter a valid email address.
- Now, click on Activate > It will show you that Registration completed, apllication will now restart.
- Wait for it and the application will restart to complete the activation process.
- You’re done. Now, you can use your UFI tool.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article useful. You can comment below for more queries.