Here in this guide, we will share with you an in-depth guide to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5 Pro / GT via ADB Fastboot. Similar to the Android smartphones, Lenovo Z5 Pro / GT handset also comes with a locked bootloader. The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with ZUI 10 custom skin out-of-the-box. Therefore, it can be unlocked easily with a few steps which are mentioned below.
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and important step in the Android rooting process.
Lenovo Z5 Pro Specifications: Overview
The Z5 Pro flaunts a 6.39-inch AMOLED display which comes from Samsung with a 1080 X 2340 Pixel resolution. Lenovo claims it has more than 95 screen-to-body ratio, which can give Mi Mix 3 a run for the money. Besides it has a 19.5:9 of aspect ratio. You can see from the above image, the device has really slimmer bezels.
The latest upper-midrange entry from Lenovo packs Snapdragon 710 SoC from Qualcomm. Out-of-the-box it runs Android Oreo with ZUI 10.0. The Z5 Pro comes with 6GB of RAM with options for either 64 or 128GB of storage. True to its teaser of the sliding mechanism, it incorporates a six double helix sliding rail. It comes with support for Dolby panoramic sound system with the AI wisdom noise reduction.
Above you can see the front face has a dual camera set-up a dual-camera setup of 16MP + 8MP. The rear panel houses two shooters of 16MP + 24MP resolution. The rear camera uses SONY IMX576and Sony IMX519 lens. There is also an infrared sensor for advanced facial recognition.
Unlock Bootloader: Overview
The Bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. It packages the instructions to boot the OS from the kernel. Like a smartphone, tablet, or PC, etc.
A Locked or Unlocked Bootloader is what gives you access to root a device easily. If you root your device, it means you have superuser or administrator access to the operating system that runs on your phone. Therefore, you can change some of the system settings, manage customizations, tweaks, etc.
Unlocking your Android Device Bootloader may get security issues. Android users often unlock their device bootloaders to root and install Custom ROMs. But it may void your device warranty sometimes. If your device bricked or stuck into bootloops, etc. For the same reason, Android doesn’t come rooted, smartphone OEMs also don’t want to unlock bootloader or root your device. It’s totally your choice and needs.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5 Pro / GT via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It’s highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Download the Lenovo USB Drivers for your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5 Pro / GT via ADB Fastboot
- First, you need to enable the Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- In order to do this, go to your device Settings > About > Software Information > More > tap on the Build Number for 7 times to see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the main settings menu > search Developer Options > tap on it > turn on the OEM Unlock and USB Debugging settings.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot zip file on your PC.
- Now, connect your Lenovo phone to the computer via USB cable and install the Lenovo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Go to the zui unlock website and fill all the required information and click on the submit application button to apply for device-specific unlock.
- Now, wait for a while and you will get an email with a file then download that file and copy it in your ADB folder.
- Go to the installed ADB Fastboot folder and open a command prompt window by pressing Shift + Right Mouse button click in a blank area > click on Open Command Prompt here.
- Now, type the following command in the command prompt and press enter:
- This command will list the connected device serial number. If your phones serial number shows up there then you are good to go. (If not listed, then re-install the USB Driver and retry typing the above command)
- Now, if the phone is listed then proceed to the next step with the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash unlock (filename).img
- After that use the following command and hit enter:
fastboot oem unlock-go
- After the above command has finished executing, finally type and enter the following command:
- Now, your phone will reboot. Wait for a while and your device will boot into the system again.
- That’s it. Now, your device bootloader is free to use.
Hope this guide will be helpful to you. Feel free to write your comments in the below.