Now you can unlock your bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) officially. Today we will guide you on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) Smartphones. So before installing TWRP, LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) smartphones should be unlocked. So here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below.
Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470). Try this only on LG Stylo 3 Plus (TP450, MP450, and LGM470) smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
LG released LG Stylo 3 Plus (TP450, MP450, and LGM470) in May 2017 which came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. It sports a 5.7 inches display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. LG Stylo 3 Plus is powered by 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 chipset clubbed with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB or 32 GB onboard storage. It also supports micro SD card with up to 256 GB. It features a 13 MP camera with f/2.2 aperture and 5 MP front facing selfie shooter.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470)
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470). Official Bootloader Unlock for LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470), then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
What you need:
- This Update is only for LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470) users.
- Supported Variants are TP450, MP450, and LGM470.
- You need Laptop or PC
- Working USB Cable
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download LG Bridge: Click Here
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on LG Stylo 3 Plus (T-Mobile / Metro PCs / LGM470)
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Turn the phone off. Then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power. The phone will display “fastboot” text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- Now go to the folder where you have installed the SDK Tool
- Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mous Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fast boot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has finished executing, run the following
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!
I hope this guide was helpful to you. If you do like then please hit the share button also leave a comment. We will always here to assist you.