Last updated on January 11th, 2019 at 03:17 pm
This guide is to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20 Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20. Try this only on LG V20 smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on LG V20 is simple to follow. But plealse do read the steps below carefully.
Remember – This method is to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20 with H918, So read steps carefully.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
PRE-REQUISITE TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG V20
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will Loose warranty if you unlock bootloader
- Unlock Bootloader may wipe all your data, So make sure to Backup your Smartphone
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
What Do You need ?
STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG V20
- First of all enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock
- Download the ADB and Fastboot ZIP and Extract it on your computer
- Turn your phone off and Boot your phone into Bootloader by pressing Volume Up + Power Button Simultaneously until you see a fastboot/bootloader
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- You have unlocked Bootloader on LG V20
- To check the status of your bootloader lock, type the following command
fastboot getvar all
- Now you can reboot your phone by entering the command
- Click Enter and That’s it ! Voila.! You have unlocked bootloader !