Xiaomi launched Mi 5X with the latest OS MiUi 9. Mi 5X was the first one to come out of the box with MIUI 9 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Today we will guide you on How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 5X Smartphones. So before installing TWRP, Xiaomi Mi 5X smartphones should be unlocked. So here is the full guide to Unlock Bootloader on Mi 5X Smartphone. If you unlock bootloader you may void the warranty. By Unlocking Bootloader you can install TWRP, Flash Rooting Zip file or custom ROM on your phone. Read more What is unlocking below. Follow this guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 5X. Try this only on Xiaomi Mi 5X smartphone. This method to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 5X is simple to follow. But please do read the steps below carefully.
Talking about the specs, Mi 5X is the successor of Mi 5 which comes with 5.5-inch Full HD LTPS display with 2.5D curved glass. It has a screen resolution of 1020 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by a Snapdragon 625 14nm Octa core chipset processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB onboard storage. The Mi 5X sports a 12MP rear camera with a wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED flash, a secondary 12MP camera with a telephoto lens with f/2.6 aperture. On the front, it has a 5MP front facing camera for selfies. Apart from this, the phone comes with a fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack and 3080mAh battery.
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Mi 5X. Official Bootloader Unlock for Mi 5X will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock bootloader on Mi 5X, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What is Unlock Bootloader ?
A Bootloader is a code which runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technology stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
Watch this video: How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Phones
1) Laptop or PC
2) Charge your phone to atleast 70%
3) Back up your device just in case if you need it later
4) Working USB Cable
5) Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it
6)Download Mi Flash Tool – CLICK HERE
Steps for How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 5X
- To Unlock Bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 5X, You need to download the Mi Flash Tool First
- Extract the downloaded file MiFlashTool Zip
- Now Open the MiFlashUnlock from the folder that you extracted
- Click on Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you dont have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- After Login, the validation process will start and you will get a message that “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! Now Click the “Go” button and it will take to the pagehttp://en.miui.com/unlock/
- You will see a blue screen in the page with text UNLOCK YOUR MI DEVICE
- Click the Unlock Now button
- In the browser you will be asked to log in with Mi Account again, So log in and Fill your details with your Mobile Number
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number on the browser to complete the process.
- You need to wait until your application is accepted.
- When your Application is approved, you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Now confirm the OTP number on the Unlocking screen
- You are almost done. Now you will have the ability to Unlock your device from Mi FlashTool
- Open the MiflashTool from the extracted folder and now you should have the permission to unlock the phone.
- Once your phone is connected, the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and your bootloader will be unlocked and Start Flashing Custom Recovery, Custom Rom and more.