OnePlus 6T was officially launched in the U.S. previous year with the T-Mobile branded OnePlus 6T. All the features of the device were the same as to that of the international variant, but with a few minor difference in the sim card tray. The T-Mobile OnePlus 6T has a single SIM nano-card slot. But, one thing was that there was a lack of immediate bootloader unlock option. How this worked was the customers who bought the T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 6T, needed to pay-off the price of the device completely and get the SIM-unlocked before they could go ahead to unlock the bootloader of the device.
Moreover, this process took at least about 40 days for completion. However, there is some good news for the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro users as there is a workaround for unlocking the bootloader and skipping that 40 days of time for unlocking the bootloader following the official procedure. Thanks to XDA Member, Daniel Marchena, discovered this method of unlocking the bootloader, even if you do not qualify for the official unlocking procedure. Moreover, this method is pretty easy and of your follow the below-mentioned steps correctly, then you will be able to skip the waiting time and get your T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro unlocked.
NOTE: This is likely a limited-time opportunity and this procedure might get blocked. The process depends on flashing OnePlus’ Android Q DP3, and OnePlus will likely patch this method.
Steps to Root the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro
Please note that this procedure of rooting the OnePlus 7 Pro will completely erase the data on your device. So, make sure to make a backup of the device memory before heading ahead with the process.
Thanks to XDA Senior member, slayerh4x for this flash procedure. Firstly you need to flash the international firmware for the OnePlus 7 Pro. Follow the below steps to accomplish that;
- You need to download the below-mentioned files and extract them to a folder;
- Now, open the MSM tool and uncheck the SHA 256 box.
- Once that is done, you need to press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds then, plug in the USB cable of your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Your device will get connected and you will see a message appear on MSM Tool on your computer saying “Connected”.
- Press the “Start” button which is a place near one of the COM ports.
- Make sure that you do not unplug your device till the process is completed and the screen says “Success”.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the international firmware on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
Now, once you have flashed the international firmware on your OnePlus 7 Pro, you can go ahead and follow the below-mentioned steps to root the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro;
- Now, once you are done with flashing the international firmware, you need to download the Android Q Developer Preview 3.
- The way to check whether everything that you have done is correct is that you will notice that you do not have any service on your device.
- Then, you will need to enable the Developer Options from settings on your device. To do this go to Settings>>About>>Tap on Build Number 7 Times>>You are now a Developer.
- Again go to the Developer Options to enable the OEM Unlock switch.
- Now, you need to reboot your device to Fastboot mode and unlock the bootloader like normal.
- That’s it! You have now unlocked the bootloader on the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro.
As stated in the XDA post, once you get the cell service back, you can either flash the Android Pie rollback package or install TWRP Recovery and flash a custom ROM of your liking.