Updated on July 19, 2017: Added the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P9 developed by OldDroid. Now download and install Lineage OS 14.1 On Huawei P9.
Updated on April 18, 2017: Added new updated Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9. Now install the Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 On Huawei P9.
Good News for all Huawei P9 (EVA) owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) (CM14.1 base ROM). All Credits to OldDroid, Recognized Developer from XDA forum for making this possible.
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA). This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA).
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which come with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Huawei P9 (EVA), but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS Gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P9 (EVA). You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA).
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) (Android 7.1 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) (Android 7.1 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
What’s Not Working and Issue Fixed:
- Reboot to erecovery FIXED
- Wifi tethering FIXED
- 1080p video recording
- This will work on Huawei P9 (EVA) (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- update to the latest LineageOS 14.1 source code
- FPS fixed
- GPS fixed
- Camera partially fixed
- this build use stock Huawei Kernel Linux 4.1.18 ;
Steps for How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the LineageOS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded LineageOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the LineageOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Also, Flash the EVA Vendor image if you are flashing for the first time over EMUI 5? flash lineage_eva-vendor.zip
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P9 (EVA) (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.
Credit goes to OldDroid