If you are here then you probably wondering How to Update Stock Marshmallow on Xperia M4 Aqua. Today we will you on How to update and Install Official Stock Marshmallow on Xperia M4 Device.
Today Sony started rolling out the Official Stock Marshmallow OTA (Over The Air) for Xperia M4 Aqua users. You will get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Xperia M4 Aqua running Stock ROM with no rooting. If you have rooting then you won’t get the official update directly to your phone. To get this Stock Firmware OTA, one must be on stock rom without root. The update is rolled out in phase wise manner. With this new update, Android Marshmallow 6.0 update brings a lot of new improvements and new features. The update will come anytime soon on your phone. The update is out for select regions. But if you can’t hold your breathe waiting for the Marshmallow OTA, then you can follow this guide to update the Stock Marshmallow Firmware manually on Xperia M4 Aqua. The OTA is rolling out for the both variant with single and dual sim. Download the FULL Update file from below and Start updating to marshmallow firmware manually for Xperia M4 Aqua. This guide is for How to update Marshmallow on Xperia M4 Aqua
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
DOWNLOAD THE MARSHMALLOW UPDATE FOR YOUR MODEL NO
|Xperia M4 Aqua (E2312)||Customized RU||https://yadi.sk/d/IVFXtdtjtS5pC|
|Xperia M4 Aqua E2333||Customized RU||https://yadi.sk/d/EcV8VbgwtS5xp|
|E2353||Erajaya Swasembada||Google Drive|
To Flash the Stock Firmware, you need FlashTool on your PC/Laptop : [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/tool/flash-tool-for-xperia-devices/”]DOWNLOAD NOW[/button]
STEPS FOR HOW TO UPDATE STOCK MARSHMALLOW ON XPERIA M4 AQUA MANUALLY
Note: You will not void the warranty of your Sony Xperia device by flashing new firmware using this guide. In addition, you do NOT need to unlock your bootloader nor do you need root to flash your handset.
It is recommended that you create a backup of your existing regional/carrier firmware just in case you need to send your device back for repair. The instructions below can be used to create any firmware file, so use these to create a backup with the relevant firmware build.
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Now in your PC/Laptop, Download the Flashtool and install it and wait till extraction of gets completed.
- Now open the Flashtool.Exe and wait till it ends the first process.
- Now Open the C:/Flashtool -> Drivers -> Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia drivers.
- Now move the FTF File that you downloaded from above to the Firmware Folder in Flashtool (C:\Users\sam(Sam is my user name)\.flashTool\firmwares)
- Now in your Flashtool.exe, Tap on the Flash Device -> Flashmode and load the FTF Firmware file that you placed inside the firmware folder.
- Once you are loaded, Check the options Wipe Cache, Data, APS_Log and Userdata for a clean installation. You can leave that if you are upgrading your device.
- Click on OK to load the firmware and start the loading process. It will take some moment.
- Once it is done ! Now connect your phone to PC via data cables. Now you will see a message which say’s to turn off the phone and to keep pressing the Volume Down key until you completely flash the firmware (Your phone will detect and will start flashing the firmware)
- Once your firmware installtion done, you can remove the volume down key.
Voila !!!! You have successfully Installed Marshmallow on Xperia M4 Aqua
That’s it ! You have completed the guide on How to Update Stock Marshmallow on Xperia M4 Aqua Manually. Now you can enjoy the latest firmware Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Sony Xperia M4 Aqua