Minecraft was initially launched back in 2011, and soon after its launch, the game became an instant hit among gamers. Minecraft is developed by Mojang Studios. This game was created by Markus “Notch” Persson in the Java programming language and was first released as public alpha for PC in 2009 and was officially introduced in 2011. Recently, the game has picked up a new update, called the Nether which brings in tons of new features like new mobs, new material Netherite, Hoglins and Piglins are new mobs and much more. The update for Minecraft arrived with version number V1.1.6.
Notably, the update will download automatically for both Java and Bedrock edition of the game. However, just in case if the update did not install in your console and you are looking for ways on how you can update Minecraft v1.16 the Nether update on your any of the consoles be it Java, Bedrock, Mobile, Xbox, PS4, and Nintendo Switch then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to update the game in any of the aforementioned platforms. So, with that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to update Minecraft to 1.16 The Nether Update on Java, Bedrock, Mobile, Xbox, PS4, and Switch?
Before we go ahead and learn how you can grab this latest Nether update for the Minecraft game, let us first of all, go through the update patch notes and see what are all the changes this new update is bringing in for the game.
[su_spoiler title=”Patch Notes”]
- Four new Nether biomes including Crimson Forest, Warped Forest, Soulsand Valley, and Basalt Deltas
- Watch out for a collection of new dangers like Piglins, Strider, Zoglins and Hoglins, and keep your eyes open for the ridable, lava walking Strider
- Get building with new bricks and wood galore and get growing with eerie new vegetation
- New music and ambient sounds fill the air, including fresh tunes from Lena Raine and includes a snappy tune called “Pigstep”
- Keep yourself safe and take your diamond gear to the next level with Netherite
- Over 300 bug fixes since the Buzzy Bees update, with fixes to over 180 community reported bugs
- Be sure to check out the list of parity updates, as we address some issues regarding mob spawning, curses, villages, aquatic music, and sounds
The complete list of changes is available here. Now once you are aware of all the changes this new v1.16 The Nether update for Minecraft, let us take a look at the steps which you can perform to get the update.
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- The launcher will automatically show you the latest release.
- If the new update is not prompted by the launcher, then you can press right of the play button and select “Latest Release”.
- Head over to Google Play Store on Android and App Store on Apple device.
- Search for Minecraft.
- If you own Minecraft already then, you will be prompted to download the latest update.
- Microsoft Windows 10 should automatically install the latest version of the Minecraft game.
- You will be automatically prompted to install the latest update.
- If not, then you can head over to the Microsoft Store and tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Choose Downloads and updates>>Get updates.
- Go to My Apps & Games>>Minecraft.
- Press the More button.
- Now select Manage game & add-ons>>Updates.
- If there is any new update available then it will download the update
- PS4 will automatically update the Minecraft game.
- If not, then select the game from options and then tap check for update to install the latest version.
- Simply restart the game.
- A new window will pop-up about the new update.
- Press the button in this window and you will be redirected to the eShop.
- Here you can grab the latest version of the Minecraft.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update the Minecraft game with the latest v1.16 The Nether update on your respective console by following the above-mentioned guide. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues with this guide. Until the next post…Cheers!