Today Verizon started pushing a new update for Moto G4 Play. It comes with software version NPI26-48-38. The update brings the latest December 2017 Security patch. Along with this update, Verizon also added the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability fix. Also, it improves the performance of the device. Now update NPI26-48-38 Android 7.1.1 Nougat update with December Security and Krack Fix for Verizon Moto G4 Play.
What’s KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability?
KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability stands for Key Reinstallation Attack which is a fundamental heart to hack the WiFi Protected Access 2 (WPA2). Recently researcher found that, by hacking the WPA2, It can act the vulnerability to decrypt traffic, hijack connections, perform man-in-the-middle attacks, and eavesdrop on communication sent from a WPA2-enabled device. To secure the device, Today Verizon has started rolling this Security bug fix to fix the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability on Verizon Moto G4 Play.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. Since it is rolling in a phase-wise manner, it may take some time to reach every user with Verizon Moto G4 Play. The update is large in size and brings nothing new to the update apart from system update, Krack and December Security Patch.
- Download Install NDNS26.118-23-12-7 December Security for Verizon Verizon Moto G4 Play Play Droid
- Download NPJS25.93-14-13 December 2017 Security Patch Update for Moto G4 Plus
How to Check Software Update Manually?
To Install the December Security Patch on Verizon Moto G4 Play, you must be running Stock Firmware without any root. If you are running the latest update on Moto G4 Play, then you will receive the latest update on your phone. First of all, make sure your device needs to be connected to a WiFi network and second, your device’s battery needs to be fully charged.
If you still waiting for this update NPI26-48-38 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Verizon Moto G4 Play, Go to Settings –> About Phone–> System updates to see if you have an Over-The-Air update. If your phone has received the latest OTA update, then tap YES, I’M IN. Then select Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download. Once the download is done, tap INSTALL button. It will start updating your Moto G4 Play with NPI26-48-38 Android 7.1.1 Nougat update.
Download Firmware HereDownload Full Package Update zip
Steps to Install NPI26-48-38 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Verizon Moto G4 Play:
Well, here we will guide you on how to install NPI26-48-38 Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Verizon Moto G4 Play. Download the firmware and follow the below pre-requisite method.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone for at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have Motorola USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Instructions to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdfdea”]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]
- First, you need to download all the required file from above
- Now you need to flash the Nougat firmware on your device.
- Once you are finished, you can complete the setup process.
- Now you need to sideload the OTA Nougat file to your phone. To do that,
- First get your phone into recovery mode.
- Please note: don’t rename the file name if you see a long name on it.
- To enter recovery mode, Hold Power and Volume Up button. This option will enter into recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery, select the option to apply update via ADB.
- Now run the ADB sideload command,
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Remember Filename.zip, where filename is the name of the OTA.
- This will start to update Verizon Moto G4 Play to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
- Once the installation is completed, enjoy the Android 7.1.1 Nougat build NPI26-48-38 on your phone.
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest system updates for Motorola smartphones.