Post last updated on 2nd January 2018: What is Samsung Kies? How to Upgrade Firmware using Samsung Kies? This is a very valid question and really appropriate with the post we are about to divulge on. Completing firmware upgrades on your device can help you enhance the perfection and efficiency of your device, strengthen the stability of the device as well as enlarge the compatibility of the handset. This, in turn, makes it compatible with a plethora of software and programs. By upgrading firmware on time, bugs on the Samsung device can be fixed or removed in time so that your phone system keeps working smoothly and without any glitches.
Moreover, upgrading firmware can optimize and prolong the service time of the battery as well. However, many people notice that they need to upgrade the firmware of their Galaxy devices, but they have no idea on how to do it. This article is about how to get your firmware upgraded in Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Tab S, etc. devices with nothing other than Samsung Kies.
- If your Samsung device is running on Android 4.3 or later, you should download Kies 3.
- If your device is running a system older than Android 4.3, you will need to download Kies 2.6 instead.
- Before upgrading, it’s always better to backup the existing data in your Samsung phones in case the upgrade process goes wrong and all your data evaporates just like that. Don’t worry this happens once in a new moon and besides, we are already taking precautions.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Today we will explain things about Samsung Kies and What is its use ? In this guide you will also learn on how to install Stock Firmware using Samsung Kies software. First of all, you need to download both Samsung Kies software and Samsung USB drivers on your computer. So once you have installed you can start using Samsung Kies by connecting your Samsung smartphone to computer using USB cable. To brief more, Let us first explain What is Samsung Kies !
What is Samsung Kies ?
Samsung Kies is an official software from Samsung which help you to upgrade your smartphone android version to latest updated stock rom if available via Kies application. This application will also helps you to sync and backup your contacts and device data. It has a friendly option which enables you to transferring media like music and video between your computer and your phone. Like we said, most of the Samsung device owner use this kies tool to update their device firmware on Samsung phones.
The application has a simple user interface. All you need to do is install kies software on your computer and plug your phone to PC. That’s it!!!.
How to Download and install Firmware using Samsung Kies:
To Download any latest firmware for Samsung smartphone – Go to this Samsung Firmware list and Search for your device model.
Follow this method to upgrade to latest firmware using Samsung Kies.
Please note that Samsung Kies does not automatically back up your data (contacts, calendar, photos and other files). Please back up all of your data manually before proceeding with the update below, or your data will be lost. So follow this post on How to backup your data without root.
- First of all download and install Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- Now also make sure you download and install the USB Driver on your computer (recommended)
- Open and Run the Samsung Kies software
- Now connect your samsung device to computer using USB Cable.
- Once connected, your device name/model will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the name/model of your device (e.g. GT-I9250M).
- Now click the import/export tag and make sure to export all your contacts to your computer
- After exporting all data, you will see a pop up with notification to upgrade your phone if any new version avaialble.
- Click on Update if any update pop up comes
- make sure to read the on-screen instructions. Check the agreement box and click on Start upgrade
- The software update will begin. The entire process can take up to 60 minutes and you will not be able to use your device. Do not disconnect your device until the update is complete.
That’s it! Your phone will get updated to latest Android version on Samsung device.