uTorrent is famously known for its ample storage including movies, E-series, e-books, tutorials, games, serials, and many software availabilities. Almost everything you want to download on your system.
uTorrent allows its users to download a full-fledged app, game, or anything with the utmost convenience. However, we cannot deny the fact that it too has its fair share of errors. The most common one of them is, “Error: Files missing from the job. Please re-check”. If you too are one of them facing this error, the below fixes are for you. Follow them for a quick fix.
- Reasons for – uTorrent “Error: Files missing from the job.”
- Methods to fix- uTorrent “Error: Files missing from the job. Please re-check”.
Reasons for – uTorrent “Error: Files missing from the job.”
Before fixing any of the errors, it is important to know the core reason behind its occurrence. Here for the “Error: Files missing from job” it’s quite an obvious guess. The most likely scenarios that cause this error are:
- Changing or renaming the file.
- Changing their location by moving the files from the original download folder.
- Renaming the entire folder.
- When a file gets deleted.
Methods to fix- uTorrent “Error: Files missing from the job. Please re-check”.
Follow the methods below:
Solution 1- Re-install the application
At times if the downloaded files or the uTorrent program’s file are corrupt, it can display the error message. It can happen even if the complete downloaded file does not get recognized properly. Here the simplest solution is re-installing the application without saving any preferences. For doing so,
- Firstly, to open the “Run dialogue box” press Windows + R altogether.
- Now on the blank space, type “appwiz.cpl” and press “Enter”. A program list will appear soon.
- Here locates uTorrent, right-click on it to select “Uninstall”.
- Restart your system after that.
- Lastly, look for uTorrent’s official website. Download and install it into your system again.
After doing so, the issue must have got resolved. Check once to confirm.
Solution 2- Rename file and folder
The original uTorrent have a long file name which generally makes the user change them into something short and straightforward. This step can lead to the “Files missing from job error” occurrence. Here you would require to rename the folder with the original downloaded file name. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to uTorrent and copy the file name that was originally downloaded. You can find the file name just behind the file size. Also, make sure not to include the file extension.
- Now go to uTorrent file or folder, right-click and select “Rename”.
- Here paste the original copied name and save changes.
- Lastly, restart uTorrent.
You can now check if the error issue has solved or not.
Solution 3- Change the file location
In some cases, changing the location of the file can also cause the occurrence of “files missing from job” error in uTorrent. Here, setting the default downloading site to the new location in the preference of that file is recommended. After that remaining download will continue in the new download location. This change will also fix the error issue.
- Firstly, right-click on the file name (the one with error) in uTorrent.
- Now click on “Advance” and select the tab “Set download location”.
- Browse to the new folder where the file exists.
- Now click on the folder and save changes.
Restart uTorrent and check if the error still exists or not.
Solution 4- Force re-check
An internal bug or interrupted internet connection can also make it difficult for uTorrent to locate a file. A force re-check here will make uTorrent look at the directory again and find whether the file is present or not. For doing so, make sure to pause your torrent. Then follow the steps shown below:
- Visit the file/folder and right-click on it.
- Now click on force re-check.
Here uTorrent can either find the file or realize that it is still downloading and should resume.
What if the system cannot find the specified file error?
If the system cannot find the specified file error, you can run an SFC scan. For doing so:
- Go to the search bar, and type “Command Prompt”.
- Now in the command prompt, type “sfc/scannow” and press “Enter”.
Let the scanning and fixing process run on its own for a while. You can now restart the system and check if it gets resolved.
So, these were some quick fixes for uTorrent “Error: Files missing from job. Please re-check” We hope you will find them easy and efficient enough for fixing your faced errors. However, if the ‘uTorrent client’ is active, you won’t be able to perform the above fixes. For renaming deleting, or moving files to another directory, you would require to close ‘uTorrent client’ for the meanwhile.
Finally, this should be enough for your search regarding the above-discussed issue. We hope you find all the information mentioned here as helpful and relevant. After reading this article if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.