Xiaomi’s Android One project has really been successful so far. We saw the Mi A1 make a positive impact in the world of smartphones. At the same time, it made way for its successor the Mi A2 and Mi A3. All these devices provide excellent software support. Every month users receive the security patch from Google. Currently, the Xiaomi Mi A3(codename-laurel sprout) is getting the October 2019 security patch which is now rolling over-the-air with build number V10.3.8.0.PFQMIXM. It brings the security level step-up and also some of the regular bug fixes and enhancements for the device.
In case you cannot find your way to automatic OTAs, then you can flash the ROM zip file manually to upgrade your device. It’s an instant process. We have the Recovery ROM zip and the Fastboot OTA zip file as well. In this post, we have mentioned how you can install the update manually. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Check for OTA
OTAs rollout in phases. So, not every user is capable to receive the update as and when it rolls. However, you can still check for the update manually.
Go to device Settings > System > tap on System Update. If the new October 2019, software updates V10.3.8.0.PFQMIXM update is available it will show up on the display.
Tap on Download to begin the update. The software will download and install on your device. The phone will reboot on its own after installation finishes.
We suggest you to use Wi-Fi to get done with the download process faster. Also, try to have a battery charge over 50% on your device before you download the software.
How to Install V10.3.8.0.PFQMIXM October 2019 Security patch on Mi A3
Before getting ahead to the steps to flashing the firmware manually, follow these points mentioned below first.
- The Stock firmware we have provided is exclusively for Xiaomi Mi A3. Don’t try this on other devices.
- Charge the phone battery up to 50% more before installing the update
- A PC.
- You need to unlock the bootloader of Mi A3.
- Your Mi A3 should be running stock Firmware.
- If your phone is running custom ROM, then this guide is not going to work.
- Always remember to take a complete backup fo your device data.
- Install the correct Mi A3 USB drivers.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your system.
You can see that we have got two things here, the Recovery ROM and the OTA. So, there are two different ways to install these. You have to install anyone to update. Let’s check out both the ways of update.
Installing the TWRP Flashable Zip
Step-1 Unlock the bootloader on your Mi A3
Step-2 First you must have TWRP recovery installed on the Mi A3. Through TWRP we will flash the ROM zip file
Step-3 Download and move the flashable ROM file into your phone storage.
Step-4 You have to enter your device into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 If you have backed up your device data then it’s great. Otherwsie you can create Nandroid backup.
Step-6 In the TWRP main screen tap on Install. Then browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
Step-7 Swipe to confirm and Swipe again to flash.
Step-8 Now Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step-9 Finally you have to Reboot the device.
How to Flash the Fastboot ROM.?
- Download the fastboot firmware zip file.
- Extract the file with .bat extension file from the ROM zip file.
- You will need ADB and fastboot for this process. So, install it from the link given above.
- Now enter the Mi A3 into Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Vol Down Button at a time.
- Then connect the device to the PC/Laptop
- In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension and flash it.
You can also upgrade your Mi A3 to the October 2019 security patch by ADB sideloading the OTA zip. Below is a guide that will explain the process to you.How to ADB Sideload OTA zip on Xiaomi Mi A3
So, if you haven’t received the OTA yet, manually install the V10.3.8.0.PFQMIXM OTA zip and upgrade your Xiaomi Mi A3 now.