Updated on August 23, 2020: Xiaomi started rolling the August 2020 security patch for Mi A3 Android One device in Europe region with software version V220.127.116.11.QFQEUXM.
Updated on June 25, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled June 2020 security patch update for Mi A3 with Android 10 build. The update comes with software version V18.104.22.168.QFQEUXM and live in the European region.
Xiaomi Mi A2 successor Mi A3 (laurel_sprout) finally receiving the stable version of Android 10 in Europe. The update is labeled with version V22.214.171.124.QFQEUXM and the global version already received it. Now, all the Mi A3 users in Europe can download Mi A3 Android 10 with May 2020 security patch Patch.
Currently, the OTA update is rolling out to the Mi A3 devices that have received the initial Android 10 stable update. Therefore, it weighs a smaller 1.1GB size that includes three native Android 10 features like Dark theme, Gesture navigation, Privacy control. Meanwhile, the update comes with the latest May 2020 Android Security Patch Level for the Mi A3 that will improve the system security & bug fixes. Now, all the interested users should check for OTA updates.
Table of Contents
Downloads and Changelog
Check OTA Updates
To be specific, those are receiving the stable Android 10 update on their Mi A3 for the first time, the OTA file size is around 1.3GB or 1.37GB approximately. In both cases, the eagerly waited users can check the software update via the Settings > System > System Update > Check for updates. If a new firmware update is available, just download and install it.
As the OTA update is waving its way in a phased manner, it will take some time to arrive update on all the units completely. Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and charge your device fully.
Android 10 Changelog
- Dark mode in the system.
- Smart answers.
- New permissions for more privacy and transparency.
- Advanced volume control from any screen.
- New Digital Wellbeing Features
- Gesture navigation
- Always-on screen
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi A3 Android 10 Update
For the installation, we will use the ADB method. We have linked it below for you, so you can download it. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Mi A3.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A3 with version V126.96.36.199.QFQEUXM. Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- USB Drivers: Download and Install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- ADB Drivers: Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your system.
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the Fastboot ROM. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A3 to the latest month’s software.
Steps to Install TWRP Flashable Zip
- We assume that you’ve already unlocked the bootloader on your Mi A3 device by following the guide above.
- The TWRP Recovery must be installed on your device in order to flash the firmware zip file.
- Download and move the flashable Stock ROM zip file on the device storage.
- Next, enter your device into Recovery Mode that’s the TWRP mode in this case.
- If you have installed the TWRP Recovery, then you can create a Nandroid backup on your phone as well.
- From the main menu of TWRP, tap on the Install button. Browse and select the ROM zip file.
- Confirm it and Swipe to flash.
- Next, perform Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Restart your phone and you’re done.
Steps to Flash Fastboot ROM
- First of all, download the Fastboot ROM zip file from above.
- Now, extract the file with .bat extension from the ROM zip file.
- Make sure that ADB & Fastboot is installed. Here ADB and Fastboot will require for this process.
- You have to enter your Mi A3 device into Fastboot mode by press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Now, connect your device to the PC/Laptop via a USB cable.
- In the fastboot mode, select the firmware file with .bat extension and flash it manually.
- Wait for it to install completely. Reboot your device.
Additionally, you can ADB Sideload OTA zip file on your Mi A3 device in order to upgrade the firmware easily. Check out the steps below:
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article useful and successfully installed the latest May 2020 patch on your Mi A3 device. If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.