Xiaomi launched the second Android One phone is the Mi A2 Lite, and it differs visually from the Mi A2 due to the presence of a screen notch. Today we have their new software update. Yes, the update brings July 2018 Security patch based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The monthly security upgrade for July along with Android 8.1 moves the build number of the device to V220.127.116.11.ODLMIFF. The update weighs almost 467MB size.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite brings the Notch design with 5.84-inch (19:9) FHD+ IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. The device is listed to be powered by 2.0 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor clubbed by 3GB or 4GB RAM variant, It packs 32/64GB internal storage and supports microSD card with Dual Nano SIM. On the camera front, the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite to sports a dual-camera setup with 12-MP + 5-MP sensor. For the front, there is a 5-MP camera for selfies and video calling. The handset is backed by a 4000mAh battery for long battery life. Along with the fingerprint unlock sensor at the rear, the device also brings the new AI face recognition feature.
The OTA is currently rolling via OTA (over the air) for users running Stable Android version. Since most of the users are getting it now, your device should automatically catch the software update and prompt you to install it. In any case, the airborne software update fails to show up, you can yourself look for it. Go to device Settings > System > System Update > Check for update. You should be able to see the update prompt if it is available. You can also try our guide on how to force download latest OTA updates on your Android device.
As we said, the update contains 467MB in size, you can find a good Wi-Fi network to download this OTA update. It will save your carrier data charges. Also, try to have around 70 % of battery charge on your device so as the update installation does not hamper.
We will also put up the firmware for those who are not getting the OTA update. We have mentioned the firmware flashing process in details. You can use it to install the latest months update which the firmware brings.
Table of Contents
Download V18.104.22.168.ODLMIFF Firmware for Mi A2 Lite [July 2018 patch]Fastboot ROM V22.214.171.124.ODLMIFF Recovery ROM V126.96.36.199.ODLMIFF
Steps to Install V188.8.131.52.ODLMIFF Update:
Before getting ahead to the steps to flashing the firmware manually, follow these points mentioned below first.
- This tutorial is to Install Stock OTA Manually on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite only. Don’t try this on other devices.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- Your device should be running stock Firmware and not any Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to be on the safe side in case if something goes wrong.
- GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for bricking of any device due to these update installation.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your system.
- Install Xiaomi device USB drivers.
Instructions to Install:
if you downloaded TWRP flashable zip, then follow this,
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- Now install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite device.
- Download the TWRP Flashable ROM from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Perform a Factory Reset (Optional) by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
If you choose to flash the fastboot firmware then,
- You have to download the fastboot firmware zip file.
- Extract the .bat extension file from the ROM zip file.
- Make sure you’ve ADB and fastboot installed(link is given above for fastboot ADB)
- Now enter the device into Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Vol Down Button at a time.
- Then connect the device to the PC/Laptop
- In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension.
- Flash the ROM file
- That’s it you have now updated to the latest July 2018 firmware
Apart from this, you can also flash the firmware using the Mi Flash tool. Follow the guide on the link given below for how to flash using Mi Flash tool.
So, that’s all about it. Download the latest July 2018 security patch and update your Mi A2 Lite to V184.108.40.206.ODLMIFF.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest firmware updates about Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.