Samsung release Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus in February and the series is already the best-selling one of this year. However, some users complained that notifications don’t play on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus. But you don’t have to worry if you are experiencing that issue because the problem is not with your smartphone but with some incorrect settings. Here’s how to fix that glitch on your Samsung Galaxy S10.
More specifically, notifications don’t play on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus because of some wrong battery optimization settings that force the Android 9 Pie system to shut down notifications in order to save power. Below, I will show you how to fix that. However, before proceeding with the solutions, you may find the following tutorials and troubleshooting guides as useful:
- Fix Battery Draining Issue on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus And Improve Battery Life
- How to Fix The Screen Freezing Issue on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus?
- How to Fix Microphone Issue on Galaxy S10, S10E, or S10 Plus
- My Galaxy S10 Has Freezing Touchscreen Problems! How to Fix It?
Why Notifications Don’t Play on Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus? How to Fix It?
Shut Down Battery Optimization for Specific Apps
As I’ve already mentioned above, notifications don’t play on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus because of the battery optimization feature of Android 9 Pie that powers Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphones. Here is how to toggle off the battery optimization for specific apps:
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> More Settings (three-dotted icon on the top-right corner)
- Go to Special Access and tap on Optimize Battery Usage
- Tap on Apps Not Optimized if the menu doesn’t show all apps
- Select “All”
- In the menu that opens up, choose a specific application (repeat the operation for any other app you want) and tap on the toggle switch to turn it off
While the notifications don’t play on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus for some apps due to the battery optimization feature, that function in Android 9 Pie is useful to save power when you need it. Choose wisely whenever you toggle battery optimization off. You can leave it on for apps like Phone or Messages to be sure you won’t miss important notifications.
Toggle Off Adaptive Battery Function
Android 9 Pie comes with some excellent features, but the Adaptive Battery one is the most annoying when it comes to notifications on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus, among other smartphones for different manufacturers. In case notifications don’t play on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus, you should shut down Adaptive Battery feat. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Settings -> Device Care -> Battery
- Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner (More Settings) and access Settings -> Adaptive Battery
- Press on the toggle switch to turn it off
If notifications don’t play on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus, then the methods presented above are the best solutions to tackle that issue. However, if for any reasons, they do not help you sort out that glitch, a hard reset on Samsung Galaxy S10 might be helpful. In short, here is how to perform that operation:
- Turn off your device
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button, then press and hold the Power key without releasing the first two keys
- When the Android logo pops up, release the buttons to permit the OS to enter the Android Recovery Menu
- Using Volume buttons go to “Wipe data/ Factory reset,” and select the option with the Power key
- Confirm the choice
- “Reboot System Now” message should appear soon
- Select to restart your device now