Razer Synapse is a unified configuration software that lets you assign macros or rebind controls to any of the Razer peripherals. It enables the user to set and customize settings regarding peripheral devices such as Razer keyboard and mouse. Lately, as per some users, Razer Synapse either freezes while opening or won’t open due to some other matter. However, the reason behind it is still unknown.
The users who have experienced the “Razer Synapse Won’t Open” issue are now looking for ways and methods to fix it. Though the reason behind this happening is not found yet, there are a lot of possible fixes available which one can try. Have a look.
- Fixes for the “Razer Synapse Won’t Open” issue
- FIX 1: Reinstall Razer device and Razer Synapse drivers:
- FIX 2: Close Razer Processes:
- FIX 3: Install the latest Windows update:
- FIX 4: Install the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework:
- FIX 5: Don’t Install Razer Surround with Synapse:
- FIX 6: Turn off Windows Defender Firewall or Third-party Antivirus Software:
Fixes for the “Razer Synapse Won’t Open” issue
FIX 1: Reinstall Razer device and Razer Synapse drivers:
When Razer Synapse Won’t Open on your device, one of the most common reasons behind it could be a problematic Razer device driver. Hence, we recommend reinstalling both of them in order to fix the “Razer Synapse Won’t Open” issue. For doing so,
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type Device Manager, and select the first relevant search result.
- On the Device Manager window, expand Mice and other pointing devices, Keyboards, and Human Interface Devices by double-clicking on them.
- Now from the expanded options, right-click on all the Razer devices and select the option Uninstall device.
- From the next pop-up window, select the option Delete the driver software for this device and then click on the Uninstall button to confirm your selection.
- Now unplug all the razor devices for a couple of minutes and then restart your system.
- After Windows get restart properly, plug in all the razor devices and Windows will automatically reinstall drivers.
- For reinstalling Razer Synapse, visit their official website and then reinstall Razer Synapse with the setup wizard.
FIX 2: Close Razer Processes:
At times, the Razer Processes keep Razer Synapse from opening into your device. Hence closing the Razer Processes before opening Razer Synapse 3.0 might help here in this case. For doing so,
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type Task Manager, and select the relevant search result.
- On the Task Manager window, go to the Background Processes and select any Razer processes.
- Now for closing them, click on End task.
- Finally, close the Task Manager window and then run Razer Synapse as an administrator.
- The Razer Synapse won’t open issue has been solved by now.
FIX 3: Install the latest Windows update:
Users who had missed the latest Windows updates also likely suffer from the “Razer Synapse won’t open” issue. Hence checking and installing the latest Windows update here is recommended. For doing so,
- Go to the desktop search bar, type Windows Update, and select the relevant search result.
- On the next window, click on the check for the update tab and wait for the scan process. If there’s any pending update available, it will atomically proceed with the process.
- Once done, restart your system and check whether Razer Synapse opens swiftly now or not.
FIX 4: Install the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework:
The “Razer Synapse won’t open” issue can also arise in case your system does not have .NET Framework installed. And if, in case .NET Framework is already installed, you might require to download its latest version for Synapse 3.0.
For downloading .NET Framework or for upgrading to its latest version, visit https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472 and begin with the process. Later on, open the installer and add the newly downloaded .NET Framework to windows.
FIX 5: Don’t Install Razer Surround with Synapse:
The Razer Synapse won’t open issue can relatively arise due to some of the Razer Surround module issue. Hence disabling the module might help in getting rid of the said problem.
- While connecting Synapse with the internet, cancel the feature update pop-up.
- Click on the Razer Surround notification prompt that appears after the pop-up and then Click on Cancel to stop its installation.
- After that, you are able to update Synapse then restart Windows.
Also, if in case Razer Synapse is already installed, you can uninstall it through the following steps:
- Open the Run dialogue box by clicking on WINDOWS + R altogether.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the empty text box and then click on OK. It will open the Programs & Features window.
- Here locate Razer surround, right-click on it and select Uninstall to remove it.
Note: In case you have reinstalled Synapse as mentioned in FIX 1, then while you log in to your Razer account, consider canceling the Razer Surround’s installation.
FIX 6: Turn off Windows Defender Firewall or Third-party Antivirus Software:
The Razer Synapse Won’t open issue can also arise due to a Windows defender firewall or third-party antivirus software. Hence, consider disabling them temporarily and check whether this helps. For doing so,
- Open the RUN dialogue box by pressing WINDOWS + R altogether
- In the empty text box, type “firewall.cpl” and click on OK. It will open the Windows Defender firewall.
- Now on the left-pane menu, locate and click on the option Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- On the next screen, click on both the circular buttons located before Turn off Windows Defender Firewall and click on OK.
- For disabling the third-party antivirus software, go to their system tray icon context menu and select disable.
These were all the possible fixes that would help the users if Razer Synapse does not open into your system. If none of those mentioned above solutions worked for you, then in this situation, we recommend you connect with the Razer support team.
Moreover, in the last fix, while disabling the third-party antivirus software, make sure you perform it temporarily. Antivirus programs and software are crucial for the safety of your system, and thus it is advisable to keep them in enabled mode always. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.