An all-new software is making its way into the ASUS ZenFone Live L1 [ZA550KL]. It moves the device build number to that of WW-15.00.1805.34 and based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The current update improves the system and app stability along with TP firmware enhancement. This update also improves the requirements of the operator in various countries.
The current software is moving via OTA (Over the air) for all the users. It is seeding in batches, so all the devices will not receive the update at one time. It may take a few days. Your phone will itself capture the OTA and you will be prompted to install it. If the OTA delays in rolling in, You may yourself check for the update. To do it, go to Settings –> About –> System update and tap on Check update.
Again before manually downloading the new software update ensure to have sufficient battery charge, else the installation process will not take place. We suggest you find and grab on to a strong Wi-Fi network. That way you can save the carrier data charges.
[su_note note_color=”#fffee8″ text_color=”#000000″]
1. Improve the requirements of the operator in various countries.
2. Enhance TP firmware.
3. Improve several apps stability.
4. Improve system stability.
Apart from this, below you can also find the firmware file from the official servers. The link is given below. You can use ADB sideloading method or the common flashing by recovery method. We have put up both of the processes below.
Download WW-15.00.1805.34 Update for ASUS ZenFone Live L1 [Firmware Zip]
You may also like,
- How To Force Download OTA on your Android Phone
- List of Android P Supported Asus Devices
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Asus Zenfone Devices
How To Flash WW-15.00.1805.34 Software Update on ASUS ZenFone Live L1 [ZA550KL]
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- The OTA firmware is exclusively meant for ASUS ZenFone Live L1. Don’t use it on other ASUS phones.
- Charge your device completely before performing any update manually.
- Your device should be running on stock ROM.
- Install ASUS USB Drivers on your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before updating.
- If you follow ADB sideload method, then you need to have ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your device while/after installing this update. You are performing the update at your own risk.
Local Upgrade to Latest Software Via recovery
- Download the firmware from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Alternatively, you can also flash the latest software update on ZenFone Live L1 via ADB Sideload method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
So, you can flash the latest firmware manually or wait for the OTA to roll in, but make sure to install this important update. If you have any queries regarding the installation do let us know.