Today Asus started rolling a new firmware update for ZenFone Live L1 with model no ZA550KL. The update bumps the software version to WW-15.00.1808.68 and brings the latest Google Security Patch update. The update is still running on Android 8.1 Oreo (Android Go edition).
Talking about the specs, Asus ZenFone Live L1 features a 5.5 -inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor clubbed with 1/2 GB of RAM. The device comes with an internal storage 16/32 GB and can be expanded via microSD card. Asus ZenFone Live L1 sports a 13 MP primary camera and 5 MP front selfie camera. It has a fingerprint sensor on the front and backed by 3000 mAh battery.
The update is currently rolling via OTA for a user with Asus ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL). If you have not received this update with build number WW-15.00.1808.68, then you can manually grab the OTA download by following this guide on How to force download latest OTA updates on your Android device. To check for the OTA update,
Settings –> About –> System update and tap on Check update.
If you still not received the OTA update, then you can manually flash the build number WW-15.00.1808.68 on Asus ZenFone Live L1. Here is the complete guide on how to upgrade your device to a new software version.
[su_note note_color=”#fefce9″ text_color=”#000000″]
Table of Contents
What’s New on WW-15.00.1808.68:
1.Google Security Patch update
Download Firmware File
Steps to Upgrade your Asus ZenFone Live L1 Manually
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Download ASUS USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
- For the Second method, you must download ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC [Download ADB SDK Tool]
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking or damage to your device while/after installing this update. You are performing the update at your own risk.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware V15.00.1808.68 from above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-15.00.1808.68.