Asus ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL) is receiving a new software update which bumps the build number to WW-15.07.1901.32. The update brings new January 2019 Security patch and updated Google GMS service on the device. If you have not received the update on your Asus ZenFone Live L1, then head down below guide to manually install the FOTA Software update on Asus ZenFone Live L1.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users all around the globe. If you have not received yet, then you can simply try to check the software update in the settings menu. To check, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software Update and manually check for the new Asus ZenFone Live L1 Software Update. If the device shows the build number WW-15.07.1901.32, then hit the download link to start upgrading your Asus ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL).
Before upgrading via OTA notification, you should connect to a Wi-Fi network and download it. It will save your carrier data charges. Make sure to charge up the battery of your device around 50% or more before installing the new stable Pie update. A low battery will not let you install WW-15.07.1901.32 on Asus ZenFone Live L1.
WW-15.07.1901.32 Software Details:
- Update Google security patch
- Update GMS
- Supported device: Asus ZenFone Live L1
- Model No: ZA550KL
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo Go
- Build Number: WW-15.07.1901.32
- Size: 1.75 GB
- UI: ZenUI 5.0 Go Edition
Steps to Install Asus ZenFone Live L1 Software Update
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware 15.07.1901.32 from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-15.07.1901.32.