A new software update is now seeding for the ASUS ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL). This upgrade is making it’s way over-the-air with software version WW-15.07.1906.38. It brings the February 2019 security patch along with stability improvements. The software is based on Android 8.1 Oreo Go.
This is an incremental rollout that will reach the users gradually all over the globe. So, if you have the patience you can wait for it to knock in automatically. Otherwise, go to device Settings > General > About phone > Update Center. Then tap on System update> Check for update. This will now search for the latest software. If you see it’s available, then to download it, use a Wi-Fi connection. Of course, the software OTA file size is of 368 MB, so downloading via Wi-Fi will save your carrier data charges. Also, make sure to have ample battery charge of 50% or more before installing the OTA.
Now, everyone will not receive an automatic update at one time. If you prefer a more instantaneous update to the latest software, we have got you covered. You can manually download the software for ASUS ZenFone Live L1 and manually install it. Basically, you have to make use of the Flash Tool to flash the firmware.
WW-15.07.1906.38: Firmware Details
- Device Name: ASUS ZenFone Live L1 (ASUS ZA550KL)
- Model: ZA550KL
- Software Version: WW-15.07.1906.38
- Security Patch Level: 01.03.2019
- Software Supported: ASUS Flash Tool
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
Update Google security patch 2019/02
Update 2019/03-2019/06 Google security patch
Steps to Install Asus ZenFone Live L1 Software Update
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for some time as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device.