Asus ROG Phone (ZS600KL) is receiving a new software update which bumps the build number to WW-15.1630.1812.68. The update fixes many bugs and improved the overall performance of this gaming device. If you have not received the update on your Asus ROG Phone, then head down below guide to manually install the FOTA Software update on Asus ROG Phone.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users all around the globe. If you have not received yet, then you can simply try to check the software update in the settings menu. To check, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software Update and manually check for the new Asus ROG Phone Software Update. If the device shows the build number WW-15.1630.1812.68, then hit the download link to start upgrading your Asus ROG Phone (ZS600KL).
Before upgrading via OTA notification, you should connect to a Wi-Fi network and download it. It will save your carrier data charges. Make sure to charge up the battery of your device around 50% or more before installing the new stable Pie update. A low battery will not let you install WW-15.1630.1812.68 on Asus ROG Phone.
WW-15.1630.1812.68 Software Details:
- Fixed the issue where the color of photo became abnormal when taking a 360° photo via Facebook.
- Fixed the Twin Apps issue, where the duplicated WeChat couldn’t be used to log in 3rd party apps, such as Free Fire, TikTok, and Kings of Glory.
- Fixed the settings issue, where pressing the “See notifications quickly” suggestion card led to a blank page.
- Fixed the AirTriggers issue, where there was no response for squeeze gesture when screen was off.
- [Recent apps page] Added app lock function to prevent the locked apps from being cleared when the rocket icon is pressed.
- [Game Genie] Added a new arrow keys size adjustable feature in Key Mapping when using accessories, such as Gamevice controller and Mobile Desktop Dock.
- Fixed the touch issue in TwinView Dock – pressed A point but showed B point.
- Fixed the Mobile Desktop Dock issue – the back and recent apps buttons disappeared when user switched languages in tablet mode.
- [Game Center] Removed the main switch of Aura lighting settings. Some users need to adjust the settings again.
- [Game Genie] Fixed the issue where the recording sound for game videos was too low.
- Supported device: Asus ROG Phone
- Model No: ZS600KL
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- Build Number: WW-15.1630.1812.68
- Size: 1.85 GB
- UI: ZenUI 5.0
Steps to Install Asus ROG Phone Software Update
Either you can use the upgrade by recovery method or the ADB sideload method. We will discuss both in brief and learn the process step-by-step.
Before proceeding you have to follow a few points and grab some tools you will need while you follow either of the flashing methods.
- Supported for Asus ROG Phone (ZS600KL)
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware 15.1630.1812.68 from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for sometime as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-15.1630.1812.68.