Xenoblade Chronicles, the open-world RPG from Nintendo, has a very big map that is filled with plenty of hidden locations. Players will naturally stumble across a few of these hidden locations during the general course of the game. However, there is a significant portion of locations that aren’t all that obvious.
Players will have to find these hidden locations and secret areas. Most of them are required to complete various side quests in Xenoblade Chronicles. Additionally, players will also receive handsome experience bonuses.
- Xenoblade Chronicles Secret Areas Location Guide
- Tephra Cave Secrets
- Bionis Leg Secret Areas
- Ether Mine Secret Area
- Satorl Marsh Secret Area
- Makna Forest Secret Area
- Eryth Sea Secret Area
- Valak Mountain Secret Areas
- Sword Valley Secret Area
- Fallen Arm Secret Area
- Mechonis Field Secret Area
- Agniratha Secret Area
Xenoblade Chronicles Secret Areas Location Guide
In this guide, we will cover all the Xenoblade Chronicles Secret Areas Location in chronological order. Please note that there are a few locations that can only be found until much later into the storyline. Now, let’s get started!
Tephra Cave Secrets
Tephra Cave is the very first actual dungeon that players will come across. It has two secret areas hidden inside it. These areas will be accessible until a later time in the storyline. Once certain events unfold at the Mechnois, players will be informed then.
Bafalgar’s Tomb location
As soon as players uncover Bafalgar’s Tomb, they will get access to a bunch of new quests through the NPC located there, Shura.
- Players must first fast-travel to Tephra’s Cave.
- Head to the first floor to find Villa Lake.
- Once here, the blocked part in the North-Western side of the lake will unblock itself.
- Proceed to the room using the Arachno pods and a high-level Vang.
- Keep moving to the Eastern cave.
- Once at the crossroad, take the Northern part.
Heavenly Window Location
- Once players make it to the room using the high-level Vange, make way towards the exit from the North
- Proceed through the long road ahead without any hesitation as it is clear of any danger.
- Players will also come across a heart-to-heart inside the Bone Corridor.
Bionis Leg Secret Areas
Even though the Bionis Leg is massive when compared to others. It, too, has two secret areas within it. These areas are very easy to access without much trouble for players.
Observation Platform Location
- Players need to make their way to the lower leg level to reach the Daksha Shrine location.
- In order to get there, players must first begin their journey from the Kamos Guidepost landmark that is near the refugee campsite.
- Proceed to head North-East till Viliera Hill.
- Once there, keep heading North-East until players come across a small path that is behind the Viliera Hill.
- Follow the path all the way to the Daksha Shrine location.
- Players will find a red quest-item in the backside on top of a dais. This item is up for grabs if players can manage to handle the level 37 unique monster that will try to defend it. Plus, the red quest-item will be useful for the Giant’s Key quest.
- Head along the Eastern side and proceed to the climbing area, marked on the map. Stay on the path leading to the cave, and players will encounter various high-level monsters. Stay clear of Dark Hox’s sight line and proceed carefully around the cave.
- Finally, players will reach the Observation Platform Location. Another high-level monster will also greet them, so beware! If players aren’t up to the task of defeating it, jumping into the water is also an option.
Believer’s Paradise Location
The Believer’s Paradise location is much easier than above, and it also has a heart-to-heart amidst Shulk & Dunban.
- Players need to head to the upper level and search the North-Western side of the map until they come across the Zax Guidepost Landmark.
- Once here, head towards the East till players reach an elevated path.
- Follow the path all the way into the cave until they reach the Believer’s Paradise location.
Ether Mine Secret Area
The Ether Mine in Xenoblade Chronicles has just one secret area. Quite frankly, it’s not even all that much of a secret!
Glowmoss Lake Location
- Players need to make their way via the long tunnel in Test Pit I until they reach the Glowmoss Lake. Unfortunately, as easy as it seems, there is a high-level monster resting there. So make sure to head deep enough to uncover the Glowmoss Lake, but not too far to have to face the level 29 monster.
Satorl Marsh Secret Area
The Satorl Marsh Secret Area requires a bit of probing if players don’t know where to start with.
Shining Pond Location
In order to successfully complete the Mementos of a Lost Son quest, players must find the Shining Pond location. It’s also where players can find A mysterious deliciously for Zazadan.
- Players will have to head over to the dark swamp and then make their way towards the bottom edge. The poisoned water will inflict some damage to the players, and unfortunately, there is no way to go ahead without having to take it.
- There will be an inclined path that leads to the outside. Follow the path until players see the Shining Pond secret location inside the cave.
Makna Forest Secret Area
Makna Forest is a large piece of land in Xenoblade Chronicles. So big that it actually has four secret areas inside it, which is the highest in the game.
Divine Sanctuary Location
The Divine Sanctuary location is a part of the RIP quest and is also the place where the Nopon challenge in the Sage quest begins.
- Head over to Waypoint beacon landmark that is situated to the Eastern part of Bridge One.
- Drop below the ledge to find a path leading to a cliffside ether deposit, through the cave.
- Make way to the alternate cave on the cliffside, and players will find the Divine Sanctuary location.
Seahorse Islet Location
Players need to do some research in order to arrive at the Seahorse Islet for Challenge of Sage as it is the location for Proof of Courage.
- Reach the river in Makna forest and travel in the North-East direction.
- Players will eventually find a small island. Voila!
Sparkling Pool Location
The Sparkling Pool location is a part of the Secret Innovation quest. This is where the ‘No-Boys’ heart-to-heart between Melia and Sharla takes place.
- Head over to the Twisted Tree-Gate Landmark and proceed in the North-West direction.
- Players will reach the Elk’s Watering Hole location and will have to climb the giant tree root that reaches into it.
- Once there, follow the path ahead in South direction until they reach the Sparkling Pool.
King Agni Tomb Location
The King Agni Tomb location is not exactly hidden like the others. It happens to be sealed, and the only way to unseal is by completing Mystery of Makna Ruins quest chain from Lupa, at Frontier village.
- Successfully finish the Mystery of Makna Ruins I
- From Lupa, take the Mystery of Makna Ruins II.
- Head to the Pod Landing Site landmark and proceed along the path in South-West direction.
- Find the table seal and investigate it to unseal the tomb.
Eryth Sea Secret Area
The Eryth Sea also has one secret area. Players are advised to enable auto-run for this.
Faras Cave Location
The Faras Cave location is not part of any quest, although it does provide some valuable collectibles in addition to experience boost.
- Players need to fast-travel all the way to Hovering Reef 9.
- Then jump into the sea and swim in South-West direction till they reach the little nub that is sticking at the edge of the map.
- Wait till it appears.
Valak Mountain Secret Areas
The Valak Mountain holds two secret areas and is both adequately troublesome to get to, but not as annoying as Faras Cave.
Befalgar Pedestal Location
The Befalgar Pedestal location is important as it is needed for two quests. First is for the Valak Mountain Research quest and second for the Believing Again quest to collect Morning Dew Ice.
- Begin from Zokhed Pass, the first landmark.
- Take a right and move upwards on any on the incline paths.
- Then, head left from the rok and stay on the path Southwards until the next fork.
- Take a left and head till the end.
Three Sage Summit Location
This location isn’t as easy as the others as some obtuse platforming is required in order to reach there. As difficult as it might seem, it is definitely worth uncovering as it has the Glory Sobos location, and the items for Replica Monado quests are dropped here. Also, this is where players need to make their way for Final Giants Ruins quest.
- Begin from the first landmark, Zokhed Pass, and head Westwards.
- Move up the second incline that takes players to the Serik Waterfall. Some ice needs to be melted to proceed and then keep heading Westwards.
- As soon as players leave the ledge, jump rightward and try to reach the surface to climb on.
- Keep climbing upwards and stick on the path until players reach the Three Sage Summit location.
Sword Valley Secret Area
Just like the Eryth Sea Secret area, the Sword Valley Secret area also holds one secret, Monado Wound. Unfortunately, it does not yield a lot of rewards, just a lot of Mechon. Players will only get a chance to experience and revisit the location of the game’s intro-opening scene.
Monado Wound Location
- Head towards the Ether Storage location that is located in the South direction from Gate III.
- From here, proceed Westwards, and players will find the Monado Wound location.
Fallen Arm Secret Area
The Fallen Arm Secret area has one secret area, the Distant Fingertip. This location is needed for the For My Loved One quest. Also, players will find a heart-to-heart here.
Distant Fingertip Location
- Make way to the end of Digit II, which is to the West of Digit II Plains landmark.
- Proceed all the way through towards the backside of Digit II till players reach a climbing wall. The climbing wall is located on the back right-side niche of the Digit II map.
- Just like in Faras Cave, players have to climb till they reach the Fallen Arm’s upper level. Stay on this path, and players will find the Distant Fingertip landmark.
Mechonis Field Secret Area
The Mechonis Field has two secret areas within it, and one of them is very easy to find.
Great Battle Scar Location
This is the most comfortable secret location to find, and it will take players to the next secret area.
- Players must first head to the 4th floor to find the Upper Bulkhead Bridge landmark.
- Then head East and stick to the path that goes around the Mechonis. This includes the ventilator shaft rides as well. Players will find it just sitting there and can proceed down the slide.
- Then take the gold of an Energy Aubergine for The History of the Machina quest.
Machina Refuge Location
The Machine Refuge takes place along the same quest line as the one from the Fallen Arm with To My Love One. There is a shop here, and players will encounter Bozatrox to finish the Best Boots quest.
- Players need to fast-travel all the way back to Great Battle Scar.
- Then right up the ventilator shaft.
- Once up, turn rightward and follow the path.
- Then head down the slide, aiming to land on the left side platform.
- Proceed on the path and climb the ladder.
- Climb until players find the Machine Refuge.
Agniratha Secret Area
Seven Sage Cloister Location
In the capital city of Mechonis, there is one hidden area for players to uncover. It might be a little difficult compared to others, but it will be worth the trouble as it can offer players the chance to level up.
- Finish all Agniratha quests
- The quests are found inside the City Planning Terminal, Military Status Terminal, Strategic Intel Terminal, and Civil Protection Terminal.
- The majority of these quests involve taking down certain Mechon’s with some focus on Telethia.
- Once the quests are completed, head over to the Central Tower landmark.
- Then access the Capital Control Terminal to get a hold of the Cloister Key.
- Then make way to the higher floor where the Data Center is located. Using the Cloister Key, players can open the Seven Sage Cloister and other locked doors.
That concludes all the Xenoblade Chronicles Secret Areas Location. We hope this helps. If there are any queries or feedback, feel free to comment down with your name and e-mail ID. You can check out our other guides on PC tips and tricks, iPhone Tips and Tricks, Android Tips and Tricks and Games, for more such content. You can subscribe to our YouTube Channel to participate in our $150 giveaway contest.