Last year Xiaomi launched its third successor of Android One project called Xiaomi Mi A3 in India and the rest of the world. Today Xiaomi started rolling the latest version of Android security patch ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A3 (codenamed laurel_sprout) with build number V10.3.13.0.PFQMIXM. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Xiaomi Mi A3 device in Asia, Europe, and other regions.
As we speak, the update is live globally based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Mi A3 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings > System > tap on System Update. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the V10.3.13.0.PFQMIXM update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Xiaomi Mi A3
- Codename: laurel_sprout
- Region: Global
- Build number: V10.3.13.0.PFQMIXM
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: Fastboot/Recovery
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Xiaomi Mi A3
To flash the firmware manually on your device, you can do it with ADB fast boot or you can use the Xiaomi’s updater app. All you need is to download firmware files and drivers.
- The firmware zip file is only for Mi A3 (laurel_sprout). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
Now follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Mi A3.
Installation Guide: Mi A3 January 2020 Security patch
Usually, in the firmware for Xiaomi devices, we get two things the Recovery ROM and the OTA. We will see how we can install any one of the files and upgrade our Mi A3 to the latest month’s software.
Flashing the TWRP Flashable Zip
Step-2 First you must have TWRP recovery installed on the Mi A3. Through TWRP we will flash the ROM zip file
Step-3 Download and move the flashable ROM file into your phone storage.
Step-4 You have to enter your device into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 If you have backed up your device data then it’s great. Otherwise, you can create a Nandroid backup.
Step-6 In the TWRP main screen tap on Install. Then browse for the ROM zip file and select it.
Step-7 Swipe to confirm and Swipe again to flash.
Step-8 Now Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step-9 Finally you have to Reboot the device.
Flashing the OTA ROM:
- First, download the OTA ROM for your device
- Now connect your Xiaomi device to the PC
- Move the ROM file to the root directory of your device’s storage.
- Once done, in your smartphone -> Go to Updater Application.
- Then Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner, and Choose Choose update package
- Next, Choose the downloaded ROM file you have transferred
- The Update process will start automatically
- Once the installation is completed reboot your device
- Done!!! Your device will be running the latest version.
You can also upgrade your Mi A3 to the latest security patch by ADB sideloading the OTA zip file.
So, what are you waiting for.? Go get the January 2020 patch update now for your Mi A3.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Device Overview:
Before we discuss how to reset network settings on Xiaomi Mi A3, let us know about the specs of the device. Xiaomi Mi A3 features a 6.01 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 11 nm processor under Adreno 610 GPU. The handset packs 64/128GB variant with 4/6GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi A3 sports a Tripe rear camera with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 32MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 9.0 Pie, planned upgrade to under Android One software package and backed by 4030 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader under display.