Xiaomi Redmi 7A (codenamed pine) launched in the year 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. Later the device received an Android 10 update under MIUI 11 skin. Today Xiaomi started rolling the Android 10 update to Xiaomi Redmi 7A based on MIUI 11. In this tutorial, we will guide you to install Xiaomi Redmi 7A Android 10 with MIUI 11 update. We have provided all the necessary download links, requirements, and installation steps.
Xiaomi recently launched the latest version of MIUI 11 to most of its Android devices running Android 9.0 Pie and 8.0 Oreo. With the new MIUI 11, it offers improved system UI, AOD (Always-on display), nature sounds, dark mode, Mi Doc Viewer, Mi-Go, improved app vault, increased system security, smart reply, improved gestures, etc. Whereas, the latest Android 10 is the 10th-gen Android OS version that brings plenty of features.
Android 10 offers system-wide dark mode, improved gestures navigation, live caption, sound amplifier, focus mode, easy security updates, improved lock screen & notification panel, and more. So, if you’re interested in upgrading to the Android 10 based MIUI 11 update, we got you covered. Meanwhile, you should check for the OTA updates on your device manually.
MIUI 11 Features
The new MIUI 11 comes with plenty of new features including Android 10 main features. It also features dynamic font scaling, dynamic nature sounds, dark mode, Always-On-Display (AOD), etc. Additionally, it offers a new material system UI, new lock screen, improved status bar, Milan Pro custom font, multi-language support, etc. Whereas Xiaomi has also brought the ‘Mi-Go’ smart travel assistant and the ‘Mi Work’ for cross-platform file sharing, smart screencast, wireless printing, and large document transfer, etc.
The MIUI 11 screen time management keeps tracks and counts the screen unlock time, device usage time on a daily basis which is quite similar to the Digital Wellbeing app. The new File Manager app also provides the new doc viewer option. Meanwhile, MIUI 11 also optimized for reminders, early earthquake warnings, SOS alert systems, etc.
Now, let’s head over to the MIUI 11 features and update the changelog below.
MIUI 11 Changelogs:
The full changelog for MIUI 11 and newly improved functionalities are mentioned below:
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2020. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
Firmware Download Link:
Steps to Install MIUI 11 on Xiaomi Redmi 7A (pine)
If you want to install the MIUI 11 ROM manually on your Xiaomi Redmi 7A (pine) device, you can follow anyone method from multiple methods. Either you can update the ROM from system updater app directly or flash the ROM via TWRP Recovery as well.
If you’re already running the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device, then download the zip file and update it via the device. Otherwise, if you want to follow the manual installation process, make sure to follow the requirements at first.
- Supported for: The MIUI 11 firmware for the Xiaomi Redmi 7A device only.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Backup your device data (No Root) at first before doing anything. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can get back your data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well in order to connect your device to the PC. (For 2nd method)
- Install Mi Flash Tool for flashing via Fastboot mode.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC and install it properly. (For 2nd method)
Instructions to Install:
Here we have shared two MIUI installation methods below. If you’re using MIUI 10 ROM already on your Xiaomi device, then follow the first method. But if you’re using MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM or any other Custom ROM, then follow the second method properly. Make sure to download and flash the GApps package as well (necessary).
Method 01: Update Via System Updater Tool
- Go to the device Settings > About phone > System updates.
- You can also access the system update from the device home screen > Tools > Updater.
- Next, tap on the three-dot icon menu from the top right corner.
- Tap on the Choose update package.
- Browse and select the firmware update zip file from the device storage location.
- Now, the system will automatically verify the update package and install it. Then follow the on-screen instructions (if any). Make sure to backup important data at first.
- Your device will reboot automatically. Enjoy!
Method 02: Flash Manually Via Recovery/FastbootHow to Flash Xiaomi Stock ROM using Fastboot and Recovery Method
Steps to Sideload Google Play Store or any G-Apps
In the Chinese market, Android devices don’t come with pre-installed Google Apps (GApps) due to some licensing issues with Google and the Chinese Government. Therefore, you need to install the required Google Apps and Services by yourself in order to use the device outside of China. Check out the brief guide on how to Install Google Apps on your Xiaomi or any other Android device.
- After flashing the ROM via TWRP recovery, follow the mentioned steps to flash GApps package as well.
- Go to the TWRP home screen > select Install button.
- Search and choose the GApps.zip file from your device where you have downloaded earlier.
- Now, choose ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process. Be patient as this might take a few seconds.
- Once the Google Apps package is successfully flashed, select ‘Reboot System’.
- Wait for the device to boot into a new system with all required Google Apps and services.
- That’s it. Now, log into your Google account and enjoy the Google apps and services.
We hope that this installation guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the MIUI 11 for Xiaomi Redmi 7A (pine). If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments below.