In today’s digital world, who does not share files? Almost everyone with a smart device does. Be it for personal entertainment or professional usage, files in the form of Videos are widely shared amongst users across the world. Though video files are definitely entertaining and ample to watch, due to their size they are hard to share as well.
Video files are generally lengthy and acquire more MB space when you share, upload, or download them. Even a tiny video that ends in no minutes too grabs a considerable space while processing into your system. Hence in this article, we will explain some worthy methods to zipping any video file on Windows 10 or Mac.
Ways to Zipping Any Video file on Windows 10 or Mac
When sharing any video files gets complicated, the best solution here is to convert your .mov file into a Zip file. Below are three quick and useful ways that will guide you to “How to Zip any video file on Windows 10 or Mac.
WAY 1: Use VLC Media player to compress the video file:
- Firstly, visit the official source and download the VLC Media player into your Windows or Mac device.
- Now run the VLC Media player and navigate to the File menu.
- Here click on the Convert option, then click on the Add buttons and chose a video file that you want to convert.
- Click on the Save or Convert tab.
- Now navigate to the Profile section and select Video – H.265+ MP3 (MP4).
- Here click on Destination and choose a place for saving the Zip video file.
- Now select Open and then click on the Start tab. Let the conversion process finish on its own. Depending upon the size of the video file, the process might take longer. Make sure you keep the window open until the process is completed. By closing the window in between, the result might get corrupted.
Also, under various setting options, we recommend you to avoid changing the aspect ratio parameters, it can degrade the quality of video making it unusable.
WAY 2: Convert the .mov file online:
In case you are not looking to convert any .mov file manually then you can make use of any reliable online website as well. Yes, a lot of online websites are available that efficiently compress the video files in almost no time. However, there are some limitations and conditions that one has to be cordial with while using such sources.
Here are some circumstances one must be familiar with while converting the .mov file online.
- While using any such online website, make sure you have a strong and trustworthy third-party antivirus software installed into your system. Being it an online process, this will keep your system safe from virus and malicious threats.
- On all the websites, there are some specified size limitations for the video files you are trying to compress.
- Various online websites might not provide you with the opportunity for choosing which MP4 technology has been used.
Some of such online websites are:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final cut pro X
- Windows Movie Maker
The process within all such websites is relatively straightforward. All one needs to do is upload the video file and wait for a while until they are prompted into downloading the compressed archive. This process would take no longer than a few minutes.
WAY 3: Use a dedicated tool:
A lot of dedicated tools are available online that can swiftly compress your video files (for example: WinZip). After learning about them, you can use such reliable tools for Windows 10 and Mac either separately or the one that would work for both the formats.
Compressing any video file into Zip format can become relatively straightforward and easy if done by any of the three methods mentioned above. We have tried to incorporate some quiet and less time-consuming ways so that you can proceed with the process within no time.
We hope all the information and ways mentioned in the article above proves to be helpful and relevant for your usage. If you are also looking answer for “How to Zip any Video file on Windows 10” then do give a try to one of them mentioned here in the list. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.