Work form home is becoming the new normal with the onset of the COVID pandemic. People are getting used to virtual meetings, conferences, etc. Zoom is now a popular platform for online official meetings. Students are also using this app for their online lectures. Up to 100 users can share a screen on Zoom. In this guide, I have explained how the Zoom meeting app works on any PC.
This guide will help those people who are new to using online video conferencing. They may not know how exactly this application works. There are various ways to start an online meetup session. One can directly use the web browser to access the website of Zoom. Then they can access their respective meeting room by entering a unique link. This app is also available on desktop, Android, and iOS platforms. Let’s check out how to easily use the Zoom Meeting App.
How to Use the Zoom Meeting App on Your PC
let’s begin with knowing how to join a meeting.
Joining A Meeting on Zoom
- First, you have to download Zoom for your PC
- Launch the app
- Sign Up using your email ID
- Click the Join a Meeting button you see on the screen.
- On the next screen, you have to enter the Meeting ID. This ID will be provided to you by the meeting host via email or WhatsApp/LinkedIn.
- Click the Join button from the screen to join/start the meeting.
Can You Join A Meeting Without Installing the App.?
Yes, it is possible to join a meeting without having to install the desktop client app. You can directly join using the web browser and via the official website of Zoom.
- Open Zoom website on your PC browser
- Click on Join A Meeting option on the top of the right-hand of the screen
- As we did above, you need to enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name
- Then click Join
The process I have outlined here is for a Windows PC. If you are using Zoom on a Mac, then also the process will remain the same.
Scheduling A Meeting
Scheduling is a great way to plan a meeting and its topics, invite participants in advance. With the Zoom meeting app, you can schedule a meeting as well.
- Open the Zoom app on your PC.
- Sign in to the app with you mail ID and password
- Now, on the home screen of the app, click the Schedule button to schedule a meeting.
- Then a new screen Schedule Meeting will show up.
- You have set a topic, set the date and time
- Also, you have to enable personal meeting ID and a meeting password
- This password and ID will be entered by the participants to join the meeting
- To finish the set up click the Schedule button
So, that’s all you have to do to join or schedule a meeting on the Zoom app for PC. As I mentioned, you can also use the browser to join. The app is free to download and use. Free users can enjoy unlimited 1 to 1 meeting. Also, group meetings can be done up to 1 hour.
However, if you want to enjoy all the features and require the app for enterprise use, then you can check out the pricing on the website. I hope that this guide was useful to you.