A few months back, we had reported that ZTE has currently tested their ZTE Axon 7 device with Android 8.0 Oreo. Later the company started the beta test of Android 8.0 Oreo for ZTE Axon 7. We already shared a complete guide to installing ZTE Axon 7 to Android 8.0 Oreo with MiFavor UI 5.2 Beta ROM. Today we have the latest Official ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo Update. In this guide we will share exactly how you can install the ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo Update with build number V3.0.0B01_2.
ZTE Axon 7 was released in May 2016. It came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android Nougat. It is pretty nice to hear that ZTE has officially unveiled the next Android version called Android Oreo on ZTE Axon 7. Now you can install the same on your phone by following this guide.
The ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo update has started to roll out for users in the US for the unlocked variants. It is being sent via OTA (Over the Air) for users in a phase-wise manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every user. If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps. Apart from the OTA, we have provided the link to the official ROM. There is also a tutorial, in brief, to guide you in installing the latest Oreo Update.
How to Check OTA Manually on ZTE Axon 7
- First of all, Go to Settings
- tap on About Phone
- In about phone, you may find option called Software Update
- Tap on it
- Here you can check for any new OTA update.
Note:- During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger or long-press the Power button as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable.
If you already received the ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update with build V3.0.0B01_2, then hit the download button to enjoy the Android O on unlocked ZTE Axon 7.
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Steps to Install ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo [V3.0.0B01_2]
In case if you still not received the V3.0.0B01_2 ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo update, then check for the update manually. Before manually flashing he Oreo update, follow these instructions.
- This guide is to Install Stock OTA Manually on ZTE Axon 7 [2017G/U]
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download Minimal ADB Tool or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Get the ZTE Axon 7 USB Drivers
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Download/place files onto extSD (not intSD) formatted as Fat(32)/exFAT (otherwise your extSD might seem “corrupt” when booted – see also PNW)
- Download TWRP Recovery for ZTE Axon 7
- A2017X_V3.0.0B01_O_SL!M ROM
- A2017X_V3.0.0B01_bootstack twrp22.214.171.124 incl
- Modem G or U
- A2017X_universalB15_twrp126.96.36.199 included and/or your bootstack of your running rom at the moment
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, install the TWRP recovery on your phone and then proceed to take a full backup of your current ROM.
- Take a full backup before installing ZTE Axon 7 Android 8.0 Oreo.
—–> How to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup on any TWRP Supported device
—–> How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- If you already have a TWRP, then flash the latest TWRP 188.8.131.52 and reboot your phone again to recovery.
- Now Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
- After wiping, you can now proceed to install by flashing ROM (B), and then bootstack (C), Modem (D) and then you install Magisk for root.
- Again Wipe cache/dalvik and reboot your phone.
- Tap power on “5sec” and “30sec” screen ( I know….the corrupt boot is awful, don’t blame me…)
- You’ll be powered off/red lights
- Power for around 10sec and you’ll boot
- Once you are booted, complete the Android boot screen setup
- Uncheck auto update into Playstore!
- Check safety net magisk. Should be ok
- That’s it! Enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo on ZTE axon 7.
So, that’s all you have to do. I hope this guide was helpful to install the latest HTC U Ultra Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices