Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro was launched in April 2016. Here we will discuss the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for ZUK Z2 Pro.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Talking about the specifications, Zuk Z2 Pro features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Zuk Z2 Pro comes with 13MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front.
Table of Contents
When will Lenovo release Android 9.0 Pie update for ZUK Z2 Pro?
Released in 2016, Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro recently upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat and it is in the lineup to receive its Android 9.0 Pie update by the early 2019 or as soon as late 2018. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Lenovo Devices.
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Lenovo Devices
- List of Lenovo Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- List of AOSP Android Pie 9.0 Supported devices [Custom ROM development]
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro.
- Supported on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro (z2pro)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member davidevinavil]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro.
- How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro (z2_row)
- Download and Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo ROM on Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download Install Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI) – Project Treble Device List
- How To Install AOSPExtended For Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro (Android 8.0 Oreo/Nougat)