Last year, Walmart did something that made its employees and associates very happy. They announced that their new subscription plan, Walmart Plus, will be available for its employees for free. So, if you are a Walmart employee, you don’t want to miss this opportunity.
As a Walmart employee, you can get the Walmart Plus subscription for free, but you need to activate it. Unfortunately, many Walmart employees don’t know this, and they lose out on the benefits of Walmart Plus. But don’t worry; this article will show how you can activate Walmart Plus if you are an employee or an associate.
Benefits of Walmart Plus
Before we get to how you can activate Walmart Plus for yourself, let’s take a look at the benefits you will get once you activate your Walmart Plus subscription.
There are tons of benefits you get for a Walmart Plus subscription. Here are the key benefits you get for using a Walmart Plus subscription:
- Free grocery delivery with the same in-store prices. ($35 minimum order value)
- Free shipping with no minimum order value (Excluding marketplace items, freight & location charges).
- Free Paramount+ Essential plan with a separate registration.
- 10¢ fuel discount on Walmart, Exxon, Mobil, and Murphy fuel stations.
- Scan the items as you shop (in-store) and complete the payment without having to wait in line
- Special prices for members
- Special online Black Friday deals for members
- Six months of free Spotify Premium (limited time only)
For non-employees, Walmart Plus costs $98 per year or $12.95 per month. There is also a free 30-day trial available.
Activate Walmart Plus for Employees and Associates
When you activate Walmart Plus as an employee or an associate, the process is quite different. But before that, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria to activate Walmart Plus as an employee or associate:
- First, you need to be clocked in and must use a work computer for the activation process. This means that you can only activate Walmart Plus while you are at work using a computer at the workplace.
- You must have a minimum of 90 consecutive days of employment to be able to activate Walmart Plus. If not, you cannot activate the Walmart Plus subscription.
- You must also cancel any ongoing Walmart Plus subscription to get the free one as an employee or an associate.
Now that you know the eligibility criteria, let us see how you can activate Walmart Plus:
- On your work computer, go to the Walmart Plus sign-up page and click on the enrollment link.
- If you can’t find the link, simply go to the search bar and search for “W+.”
- Now, you need to watch a couple of training videos that are about 10 minutes combined.
- Once you have watched all the videos, click on “Accept & Submit.”
- Enter your email address. This email address will be used to create your Walmart Plus account.
- If you see a tax charge on your paystub related to your Walmart Plus account, don’t worry. Walmart will reimburse you for this charge in a subsequent paycheck.
- Congratulations! You have successfully activated Walmart Plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I share my Associate Walmart Plus account with my friends or family members?
No, you cannot share your Walmart Plus account with your family members or friends. It is against Walmart’s policies.
Where can I use Walmart Plus from?
Currently, you can only use Walmart Plus from the US. We don’t know when it will be available in other regions.
What is the minimum order value for getting a free delivery on Walmart Plus?
The minimum order value for getting free delivery on Walmart Plus is $35. Any order whose value is lower than $35 is subject to the delivery charge. Nonetheless, all non-grocery orders will be delivered for free regardless of the order value.
Can I activate Walmart Plus for employees from home?
No, you cannot activate Walmart Plus for employees from home. You need to be clocked and present in and at the workplace (store or warehouse) to activate the membership.
Can non-employees also get a free Walmart Plus membership?
No, non-employees cannot get the Walmart Plus membership for free. However, they can enjoy a 30-day free trial which can be canceled anytime. Be sure to cancel the subscription before the trial period ends, or else you will be charged for the membership.
Walmart does a great job of providing its employees extra benefits on top of their usual pay. One such example is the free Walmart Plus membership for employees and associates. If you are a Walmart employee, you can activate the membership for free and start enjoying the benefits right away. We hope that this article has helped you activate your Walmart Plus membership. If you still have any questions, leave them down in the comments section. We will try to help you out.