Are you getting the AMD Adrenalin compatibility error on your PC? Well, according to several PC users, this error message shows up even if their devices are fully compatible to run the AMD Adrenalin software. While there are users who started getting the compatibility error after updating the software. If you are also getting compatibility errors with AMD Adrenalin software, check out this guide till the end to know about the solutions.
AMD Adrenalin is a featured-packed software to enhance your gaming experience. To take the advantage of it, you’ll need to install the AMD Adrenalin software on your PC. But many users are getting a compatibility error as soon as they launch the software. It has been found that the problem occurs after updating the AMD Adrenalin software and drivers on your PC. Other factors such as driver issues and system glitches could also be the source of the problem.
Here’s How to Fix AMD Adrenalin Not Compatible Error
Check out the solutions below to fix the compatibility issues with AMD Adrenalin on your computer. You may not need to try all of them, simply work your way down until you find the one that works for you. Without further ado, let’s begin the troubleshooting.
Solution 1: Reinstall the Graphics Driver
You can reinstall the graphics driver to fix the AMD Adrenalin compatibility error on your PC. This method was posted by a user on the AMD community. It has done the job for many people. And hopefully, you’ll also get success in fixing the compatibility issue on your PC after following his steps.
- Right-click the Windows icon and select Device Manager
- Look through the list of devices and click on Display adapters. You should be looking at the name of your graphics card, in my case, it would say AMD Radeon RX 6600M.
3. Double-click on the name of your graphics card. A smaller window will pop up that contains the graphics card properties. There are 5 tabs at the top, click on the second one that says, Driver.
4. The Driver tab will show the name of your graphics card at the top and a bunch of information about the currently installed driver. There are 5 wide buttons on the bottom left with descriptions to the right of them. Click on the second button, Update Driver.
5. A new window will pop up asking “How do you want to search for drivers?” Click on the second option, “Browse my computer for drivers“.
6. The next window that comes up says “Browse for drivers on your computer”. At the bottom of this window, it will say “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer“. Click on this option.
7. This next window says “Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware”. In the middle of this window is a box that says “Model” and will probably have multiple listings here. You can tell which driver is which by the driver version number shown and the date. There will probably be at least 2 drivers showing, pick the one with the newest date and click on Next. THE DRIVER YOU SELECTED WILL BEGIN TO INSTALL. Windows may freeze or flicker for a few moments, depending on your particular setup.
After the installation process is finished, close the window. The AMD Adrenalin software will launch automatically. If it does not, launch it and check if the compatibility issue is fixed.
Solution 2: Turn off Automatic Updates
Windows, by default, can download and install the latest updates. It can also update the drivers. The AMD Adrenalin compatibility issue you’re facing appears to be linked with drivers. According to some users, the problem occurs after Windows update the drivers. And therefore, we are recommending you disable automatic updates.
Follow these steps to turn off automatic updates:
- In the search box, type Settings and hit the Enter button. This will open the Settings window.
- Tap on Windows Update in the left-side menu.
- Click the dropdown icon next to Pause updates and select the maximum duration (Pause for 5 weeks).
Unfortunately, Windows does not have the option to disable automatic updates for as long as you wish. For now, you can only pause updates for a maximum of 5 weeks.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Software
If you’re still facing the compatibility error on your PC, try reinstalling the AMD Adrenalin software. In case you don’t know how to uninstall an app, follow these steps:
- Tap on the Windows icon and click All apps. You should see all apps on the screen.
- Scroll down to AMD Adrenalin software, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the AMD Adrenalin Edition app and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to uninstall the app.
After you’ve removed the software from your PC, restart the device once, and download the app from AMD’s official website.
Solution 4: Install the Older Version
Many users were able to fix the compatibility issue with AMD Adrenalin by installing an older version. Simply, uninstall the software and install an older version. Launch it and start optimizing your gaming performance.
That’s how you can fix the AMD Adrenalin not compatible issue on a Windows PC. I hope this guide was useful. Although we think the issue should have been resolved after applying the solutions from this article, if the problem persists, contact AMD support.