Samsung not only revamped its flagship lineup, but also the company wants now to bring forth more affordable and powerful mid-range smartphones for users. The company has been blamed at times for overpriced mid-range smartphones, but with the launch of the Galaxy A series, the company brought in some powerful phones for the price range. One of the Galaxy A series phones, the Galaxy A20s is now ready to receive the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update. In this post, we will give you the links to download the latest Android 10 update that also tags along with the One UI 2.0 update for the Galaxy A20s.
Note that the Android 10 update was revealed back in 2019 and now is almost a year old. Google is already prepping up for the release of the Android 11 update and has made the Android 11 Beta 1 update live for the users. Samsung has been at the forefront in releasing the latest firmware updates as soon as it was made available but thanks to its huge portfolio, Samsung is yet to call the Android 10 update rollout complete. With the help of this post, you will be able to upgrade your Galaxy A20s with the latest Android 10 One UI 2.0 update. So, that being said, let us take a quick look at the article itself:
Table of Contents
Android 10 — Overview
As the first thing to notice was that Google ditched its tradition of naming the Android OS after desserts and will go by the version number from now on. Google also changed the shade of the Android logo to a new lighter shade of green and changed the logo to a half head of the Droid bot. Moreover, the other highlights of the Android 10 include Digital Wellbeing, system-wide dark mode, live caption, smart reply, new gesture navigation, enhanced location control, Focus Mode, family link, and much more. Here is the in-depth explanation of the features:
Features of Android 10:
- Live Caption: With a single tap on your device, Live Caption will automatically caption the video, podcasts, audio messages, or even the stuff you record yourself. Interestingly, this feature does not require a WiFi or mobile data connection.
- Smart Reply: With this feature, Google has taken the suggestion algorithm to a new level as now you can recommend actions to particular messages and even sets up the Google Map if it requires. Additionally, there is a new Bubble feature like Facebook for a quick reply.
- Sound Amplifier: With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine-tune to how you hear best. Whether talking, watching TV, or listening to anything, just plug in your headphones and hear everything more clearly.
- Gesture Navigation: Google introduced a new navigation gesture that is more fast, responsive, and more intuitive in nature and gives a smooth response.
- Dark Theme: The ever so popular feature of this year, the Dark theme has finally made its way to Android 10.
- Privacy and Location Controls: Users get more control over the privacy settings of all the individual app and they can know which app is accessing which type of data and they can give permission or deny them.
- Security Updates: Google has introduced a new way of sending in security patches via the Google Play Store that allows faster delivery of security updates.
- Focus Mode: Focus Mode will allow the users to spend more time in the natural environment interacting with people or concentrate on their tasks rather than being busy with their smartphones.
- Family Link: With the help of this, parents can keep track of their children’s Android devices and control the screen time limits and app access, etc.
One UI 2.0 – Overview
Samsung ditched the TouchWiz UI and came with the One UI with the Android 9 Pie. This new custom UI was meant to make the user interface cleaner, sleeker, and more convenient for the Samsung Galaxy users. As the name suggests, One UI is meant to make the one hand operation better, and you will see certain changes made in the UI by Samsung that enables better one-hand operation. The latest version of the UI is the One UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10 and brings in a lot of new features for the users. Google’s new navigation gestures, new camera UI, in-built screen recorder, Digital Wellbeing, dark mode, enhanced privacy features, new audio, and video codecs, etc. This makes the One UI 2.0 a worthy upgrade as users will love the new changes and features that this new custom UI has to offer.
Steps to Install Samsung Galaxy A20s Android 10 with One UI 2.0
Before installing the Galaxy A20s Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update, make sure that you take a look at the list of pre-requisites that are required for a smoother installation process:
- This is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy A20s.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged to about 50% or above.
- PC and a USB cable are required.
- Take a complete backup of your device at first to keep your data safe.
- Enter your phone into the Samsung Download Mode.
How To Install One UI 2.0 on Samsung Galaxy A20s (Android 10)
- Firstly, you need to enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options menu.
– To do that Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
– Once the Developer Option is enabled, head over to Settings>>Developer Options>>Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and extract the ODIN flash tool on your PC.
- Make sure to run the tool as an administrator.
- Boot your phone into the download mode.
– Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons until you see a download mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- If your phone is detected via USB cable, you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Go back again to Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button.
- Make sure that the re-partition option is not ticked. Let Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be checked.
- Now press the start button and wait until the flashing is complete.
- Once you see PASS on the tool, then you can remove the device from the USB connection.
You can also watch our complete video explaining the steps mentioned above, for your reference:
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to install the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update on your Samsung Galaxy A20s. Note that the steps above here is only for the Galaxy A20s and should not be attempted for any other phone. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues while flashing the update on your phone. Until the next post…Cheers!