Updated on April 22, 2020: Today Nokia rolled the Android 10 stable update to Nokia 7.2 in USA with April 2020 security patch. The update is labeled with software version V2.270. It weighs approximately 1.55GB in size and the size depends on the version you are running.
HMD Global has released Nokia 7.2 in September 2019 that comes with plenty of improvements in terms of camera, display, hardware specifications that its predecessor Nokia 7.1 model. Though the device was tagged at quite a higher price range than other competitors, the software experience and love for Nokia remain the same till date. It came with Android 9.0 Pie over the Android One program out-of-the-box. Currently, the Nokia 7.2 Android update is rolling out via OTA and users can download & install it by following this article.
That’s is the main priority of an Android One-powered device that two major Android updates and three years of security patch update come quickly than any other budget category smartphones. Nokia 7.2 is no exception here and it receives the stable Android 10 update that bumps up a software version V2.250. It’s also worth mentioning that due to the novel COVID-19 pandemic, HMD Global has revised its update roadmap for the Nokia 7.2 Android 10 update by the end of Q1 2020 and they’ve done it well.
Now, talking about the OTA update, as we’ve mentioned it comes with a version of V2.250 and weighs around 1.57GB in size. It brings the Android 10 system, dark mode, smart reply, gesture navigation, privacy & location control, and March 2020 Android Security Patch Level for improved system security. To be very specific, the March 2020 patch fixes a critical security vulnerability in the media framework that could enable a remote attacker in the system. Let’s take a full changelog below:
Changelog: Nokia 7.2 Android 10 (V2.250)
- Dark mode – Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply – Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation – Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location
- Google Security Patch (2020-03)
Android 10 now available for Nokia 7.2! Check your phone to see if the latest features have already landed. For more news of Nokia smartphones and Android 10 visit https://t.co/FJfS4Gjt3d pic.twitter.com/9FHxZrddcZ
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) March 31, 2020
Check for OTA Update Manually
As the firmware OTA update rolls out in a phased manner, it will take some time to arrive on all the Nokia 7.2 units globally. However, if you don’t want to wait further or haven’t received the OTA update notification yet, then you can head over to the Settings > System > Advanced > System update > Check for update.
If the latest update is available, simply download and install it on your device manually. Make sure that the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and charge it more than 50% before downloading the OTA. Alternatively, you can manually download the firmware from the link and install it by following the guide below.
Download and Install Nokia 7.2 Android 10 Update (OTA V2.250)
Downloading and installing the stock firmware file on your Nokia device is quite easy. However, we will recommend you to check out all the requirements below and follow them before installing the update.
- The firmware OTA file is exclusive for Nokia 7.2 model.
- The device should be running on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version officially in order to apply the Android 10 update.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least.
- Take a complete backup of your device data in order to get back all the important files.
Instructions to Install:
The manual installation of firmware requires you to enter the device to the stock recovery. From the recovery, browse the OTA firmware and then flash it via ADB. Don’t worry if it sounds difficult. The process is quite easy. We have explained it in detail. Check out the detailed installation guide below.
- Download the OTA zip.
- move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up + Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, your device will enter the stock recovery screen. You will see various options among which you will see an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
So, that’s it. We hope that you have successfully installed the latest Android 10 update on your Nokia 7.2 device. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.