With Apple TV 4K, you can stream high-quality video and audio. Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, which provide immersive sound and video, are supported. Despite this, many Apple TV 4K users report that Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision do not display on their devices.
The good news is that there are several things you can do to fix this issue if you’re one of these users. Here are some of the reasons why your Apple TV 4K might not showing Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision and some fixes to fix it.
- Reasons Why Apple TV 4K Might Not Showing Dolby Atmos / Vision
- Solutions to Fix Apple TV 4K not Showing Dolby Atmos / Vision
- Fix 1: Check for Supported Content
- Fix 2: Check the Connection
- Fix 3: Adjust Audio Settings
- Fix 4: Update the Software
- Fix 5: Reset Apple TV
- Fix 6: Check HDMI Cable
- Fix 7: Check TV Settings
- Fi 8: Check Sound System Settings
- Fix 9: Try a Different App or Content
- Fix 10: Check for Interference
- Fix 11: Contact Apple Support
Reasons Why Apple TV 4K Might Not Showing Dolby Atmos / Vision
- Unsupported Content: If you’re trying to play content that doesn’t support Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K, you might be experiencing this problem. It is not possible to enjoy every movie or TV show in Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision. It’s not possible to play content on your Apple TV 4K if it doesn’t support these formats.
- Improper Connection: There may be an issue with your Apple TV 4K’s connection if you are not showing Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision. Perhaps your HDMI cable is damaged, or your Apple TV 4K is not connected properly to your TV or sound system. You won’t be able to receive Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision signals if your Apple TV 4 K connection is not set up properly.
- Audio Settings: You may not be able to see Dolby Atmos on your Apple TV 4K because your audio settings are incorrect. Your Apple TV 4K settings may be set to stereo instead of Dolby Atmos. It is very likely that you won’t see the Dolby Atmos icon when playing content that supports it if this is the case.
- Software Updates: iOS updates improve performance and add new features to Apple’s devices. It may be due to outdated software that your Apple TV 4K is not showing Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision. Ensure that the tvOS version on your Apple TV 4K is the most recent.
Solutions to Fix Apple TV 4K not Showing Dolby Atmos / Vision
In order to fix the Apple TV 4K not showing Dolby Atmos/Vision issue, here are some fixes:
Fix 1: Check for Supported Content
When your Apple TV 4K does not support Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision, you should first check whether the content you’re trying to watch supports these formats. On the iTunes store or the Apple TV app, you can check the details of the movie or TV show. If you want to confirm whether the content is compatible with Dolby Vision or Atmos, look for the Dolby logo.
Fix 2: Check the Connection
Once you’re sure the content you’re trying to play supports Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision, it’s time to check your Apple TV 4K and TV’s connection. If you intend to watch Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision on the Apple TV 4K, make sure that the TV or sound system you have is Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision capable. Also, be sure the HDMI cable is securely connected and not damaged.
Fix 3: Adjust Audio Settings
Your Apple TV 4K’s audio settings are the next thing you should check if your content supports Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision and if your Apple TV 4K is properly connected.
In Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format, select Dolby Atmos if it is available. For those who are unsure of which format to choose, you can also choose Auto. Whenever you play content that supports Dolby Atmos, the system will switch to Dolby Atmos automatically.
Fix 4: Update the Software
Assume that your Apple TV 4K is connected properly. The next step is to make sure that your device is running the most recent software version, that the content you’re playing supports Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision, and the audio settings are correct. Check for updates under Settings > System > Software Updates. You can install a software update if it is available.
Fix 5: Reset Apple TV
You may need to reset your Apple TV 4K to factory settings if none of the above solutions work. As a result, all the data on your device will be erased, and the settings will be restored to their original state.
Choose Reset All Settings under Settings > System > Reset, and then hit Reset. You will lose all settings and data on your device, including your Wi-Fi network and accounts.
You can reset your Apple TV 4K and try playing Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision content again once you have reset it.
Fix 6: Check HDMI Cable
You should use an HDMI cable with Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision support if you are connecting your Apple TV 4K to a television or sound system. It is a good idea to use an HDMI cable that is known to support these formats if you are unsure whether your HDMI cable supports them. For more information on whether your HDMI cable supports Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, check its specifications or consult the manufacturer’s website.
Fix 7: Check TV Settings
You should check your TV’s settings to make sure they support Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. It may be necessary to enable certain settings on some TVs in order to support these formats. Make sure you read the instructions in your TV’s user manual or go to the manufacturer’s website to find out what settings need to be adjusted.
Fi 8: Check Sound System Settings
Check your sound system’s settings to ensure they are set up to play Dolby Atmos content if you are using a sound system to play Dolby Atmos content.
In order to support Dolby Atmos, certain sound systems must have specific settings enabled. Please refer to the user manual or manufacturer’s website for any specific settings that need to be configured for your sound system.
Fix 9: Try a Different App or Content
Using another app or playing different content may solve your Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision problems. There are times when the problem is specific to a particular app or content rather than the Apple TV 4K itself. If the issue persists, try playing another app’s content.
Fix 10: Check for Interference
It is possible that other devices in the area are interfering with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K. Wireless routers and other wireless devices may be causing interference. Turn them off if they are causing interference. If you do this, it may help to eliminate any interference that may be affecting the audio and video quality of your Apple TV 4K.
Fix 11: Contact Apple Support
If all of the above solutions haven’t worked for you and you are still not seeing Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support. You can contact Apple Support for assistance in diagnosing and resolving the problem.
Also Read: Fix: Apple Magic Keyboard Backlight Not Working
Apple TV 4K supports Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision for immersive audio and video. The reason why your Apple TV 4K is not showing Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision may be due to several factors. But, if you are facing this problem, make sure to check out the fixes we mentioned earlier in this article. So, that’s all we have for you in this article. We hope that you find this article helpful. Meanwhile, in case you need more help, comment below and let us know.