Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is an action role-playing adventure-based open-world video game developed by Ubisoft Quebec and published by Ubisoft in 2018. It’s available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation, Xbox Coles, and Nintendo Switch platforms. You can join this open-world game, Assassins Creed Odyssey experience, with all the resources that might help keyboard and mouse users on the PC. The Assassins Creed Odyssey Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Issue seems troubling many players. Whenever players try to get into the game, somehow, the keyboard and mouse stop working or don’t get detected.
Using the keyboard and mouse, gaming controls on the Windows PC become easy or easy to remember depending on what keybinds you’re going with. Sometimes, compatibility or connectivity issues with the keyboard mouse can trigger it on the PC while playing games. It would be best to cross-check the PC’s keyboard and mouse connectivity before going to any other conclusion. There might be several other reasons applicable that we can’t deny.
- Fix: Assassins Creed Odyssey Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Issue
Fix: Assassins Creed Odyssey Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Issue
Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you a couple of potential workarounds that should be useful. Make sure to follow all methods individually until the problem has been fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
1. Reconnect the Keyboard and Mouse
You should always try disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard & mouse on your PC manually to ensure there is no conflict or temporary system glitch present. A couple of players did find this trick helpful. So, it would be best if you also tried it out once. Also, cross-check if somehow the USB connectivity isn’t loose enough.
2. Run the Game as an Administrator
Run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the Assassins Creed Odyssey exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client too. It should help you to fix the Assassins Creed Odyssey issue on your PC.
3. Disconnect Other Peripherals
Try disconnecting other peripherals from the computer to cross-check if there is no issue with other USB devices except for the keyboard and mouse. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting peripherals might help in fixing multiple issues.
4. Disable Mouse Acceleration
You can try disabling the mouse acceleration option on the PC by following the steps below to check for the pointer precision issue.
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Now, search for Control Panel and open it.
- Click on Hardware and Sound > Click on the Mouse under Devices and Printers.
- Under the Mouse Properties section, head over to the Pointer Options tab.
- From the Motion section, uncheck the Enhance pointer precision checkbox to disable it.
- Click on Apply and then click on OK to save changes.
5. Turn Off Touchscreen Support
If you’re using a tablet PC with Windows OS and facing connectivity issues with the keyboard and mouse, manually turn off the touchscreen feature from the settings menu. The touchscreen support on the tablet PC might trigger several conflicts whatsoever.
6. Update Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Sometimes, an outdated game version may trigger bugs or stability issues. If you haven’t updated your Assassins Creed Odyssey game for a while, follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Assassins Creed Odyssey from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for some time to install the update.
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and try launching the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
7. Verify and Repair the Game Files
In case there is an issue with the game files, such as corrupted or missing game files on the PC, you may encounter multiple conflicts with the game launching or its services. Verify and repair the game files by following the steps below to fix the issue.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Assassins Creed Odyssey from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your PC to change the effects.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Click on Verify, and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- It should fix the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Crashing issue on your PC
8. Perform a Clean Boot
Some apps and their services may start automatically while booting the system right away. In that case, those apps or services will gonna use a lot of internet connection as well as system resources. If you’re also feeling the same, perform a clean boot on your computer to check for the issue. To do that:
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will open. Here go to the Startup tab.
- Then click on the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn them off from the startup process.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
9. Ensure Keyboard Mouse Drivers are Installed
An outdated mouse driver on the PC can also trouble you a lot regarding stability or bugs. The chances are high that your mouse & keyboard driver becomes outdated and buggy enough to continue using it. Check for the system’s mouse and keyboard driver update by following the steps below to avoid compatibility issues.
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list to open it.
- Now, double-click on Mice and other pointing devices to expand it.
- Right-click on the active mouse device you’re using and want to update.
- Click on Update driver > Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to download and install the latest version automatically.
- Once done, you should restart your PC to apply changes.
You’ll have to repeat the same steps for the Keyboard adapter to check for pending updates. The overall steps will be the same.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.