Beyerdynamic’s MMX 100 could be one of the best gaming headsets if you consider sound and microphone quality to be the most important factors. Despite its no-frills approach, it is remarkably enjoyable to use. Unfortunately, there are not have wireless signals, and it does not have USB connections. However, the boom microphone is highly effective for its price point.
It is also remarkable how well the sound blends with music and movies as well as games, which is not easy to earn. But unfortunately, for the past couple of days, users are continuously complaining that the Beyerdynamic MMX 100 Mic is not working.
However, no one right now is able to know why this issue even occurs. But, we are here with some basic tricks using which you may be able to fix the mic not working issue with this headset.
- How To Fix Beyerdynamic MMX 100 Mic Not Working
How To Fix Beyerdynamic MMX 100 Mic Not Working
If you are seeking some fixes that will help you fix the Beyerdynamic MMX 100 mic not working issue, then make sure to perform these tricks as they have the potential to fix it unless it’s a hardware issue.
Fix 1: Reconnect Your Headset
There are chances that your headset mic may not work just because you haven’t connected it to your PC properly. So, to make sure that your headset is connected properly to your device, you can simply plug it out and then plugin again to your PC.
However, many users reported that their Beyerdynamic MMX 100 mic not working gets resolved after doing this. Therefore, you must also try this out and check if it helps.
Fix 2: Reboot Your Device
Restarting a computer often helps it to run faster if it has been left on for a long time. A reboot will clear the temporary files stored by different software from memory and will free up memory space. By restarting your computer regularly, particularly if you are having hardware issues, will save precious time.
In addition, it will be easier for you to pinpoint the source of the problem. So, you can simply reboot your device and then connect your headset to check if the microphone is not working issue gets resolved.
Fix 3: Make Sure It is Connected Properly
Make sure to check if the headset is connected properly to your laptop or PC. It is possible that your system’s 3.5mm jack may have some dirt or dust stuck on it, due to which your device may not be able to make a connection to your PC. So, you must try cleaning the port and try connecting your headset to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Update Your Microphone Driver
Updating your Microphone driver will be another option that you must try out as there might be possible due to an older Microphone driver, you are getting this issue.
However, in many cases, we have found that after updating the Microphone driver, the Beyerdynamic MMX 100 Mic is not working issue gets resolved. So, you must also try this and if you don’t know how to do this, make sure to apply these steps:
- On your Windows PC, open the Device Manager.
- You can then expand the Audio inputs and outputs tab by double-clicking it.
- Then, right-click Microphone and select Update Driver.
- Afterward, follow the instructions on the screen to install your Microphone driver.
Fix 5: Update OS
The OS update is supposed to resolve any type of issue. However, regularly updating your operating system will help ensure that your PC’s hardware works properly as well by updating the drivers.
Hence, we recommend that you check if your Beyerdynamic MMX 100 is running on the latest operating system. For now, you can use these steps to check that:
- To begin, click Start. In the search bar, type update. Next, click Windows update.
- Finally, click Check for updates. In case updates are available, click the message and choose which ones you want to install.
- After that, click Install updates.
Fix 6: Use These Basic Tricks
Even though you plugged them in, your headphones may not recognize the default audio device. You need to right-click on the volume/sound icon in the system tray, select Open Sound Settings, and set them as the default device.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Output in the Sound section and then select your headphones.
- The audio controls on your headphones may be independent of Windows’ sound controls. Make sure your headphones have sufficient volume.
In addition, you can increase or decrease the volume by right-clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar and choosing Open Volume Mixer. Then, slide to adjust the sound for your headphones up for you to hear it.
- In Windows volume control, look for a red circle with a slash through it to see if your headphones are muted. To unmute a speaker, tap on it under the mixer volume.
- Make sure sound enhancements are enabled. Click Disable all enhancements on the Enhancements tab under Sound settings > Sounds. Then, hit Preview to try your headphones.
Fix 8: Use the Windows Troubleshooter
Suppose even after trying all the above-mentioned fixes, you are still getting the Beyerdynamic MMX 100 microphone not working issue. In that case, you must try to use the Windows Troubleshooter as this will surely locate and fix the issue automatically. So, if you don’t know how to do this, follow these steps:
- You can accomplish this by right-clicking the sound/speaker icon on your taskbar and selecting Troubleshoot Sound Problems.
- From there, you can select your headphones.
- If you are prompted to open audio enhancements, click No.
Fix 9: Use the Audio Troubleshooter
Using the audio troubleshooter might be a good idea to resolve this type of issue. So, we highly suggest you try using the audio troubleshooter to fix the mic issue with your Beyerdynamic MMX 100. Meanwhile, if you don’t know how to do this, here are some guidelines that you need to follow:
- Initially, go to Start> Settings > Update and Security to do so.
- Then, select Playing Audio from the Troubleshoot menu.
- Next, click Run the troubleshooter, which will guide you through the process.
- Click restart to complete the procedure.
Now, after reading this guide, you may have an idea about why you are facing this mic issue. But, it is possible that the fixes we have mentioned earlier in this guide may not help you because the issue is with your headset’s hardware, and you will not be able to fix it on your own. So, we advise you to hover to your nearest service center of Beyerdynamic and ask them to fix it.
So, that’s all on how to fix the Beyerdynamic MMX 100 microphone is not working issue. We hope that the troubleshooting methods we have discussed above have helped you. But, in case you need more help on this topic, comment below.