Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt is a thrilling free-to-play supernatural vampire PvP battle royale video game that’s all set in Prague. The game has been developed and published by Sharkmob AB, launched in April 2022 for Microsoft Windows & PlayStation 5 only. Though the title has already received mostly positive reviews on Steam for the PC version, some reports come out about the Bloodhunt Infinite Loading Screen Bug after finishing matches.
Now, if you’re also facing the same issue on your Windows PC then don’t worry because it has become quite common among PC gamers these days with almost every title. The specific issue depends on multiple reasons such as the internet connectivity, server connectivity, graphics settings, graphics drivers issues, corrupted or missing game files, issues with the outdated game version, anti-cheat system issues, etc that can be fixed manually with this guide.
- How to Fix Bloodhunt Infinite Loading Screen Bug
How to Fix Bloodhunt Infinite Loading Screen Bug
The game developers have focused primarily on the PC and PS5 platforms which seems good enough for the specific players to get a better gaming experience & patch support. However, it looks like the game has some potential bugs or stability issues that need to be investigated and fixed asap. The infinite loading screen issue is one of them and majorly Bloodhunt PC players get stuck on the loading screen which doesn’t end at all.
It keeps loading infinitely and the only way to solve this issue is to close the game completely & relaunching it. However, that’s actually not a solution and players are getting irritated with this issue quite frequently. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely, affected players are unable to fix this issue. This specific bug appears only after finishing a match in Bloodhunt. While some reports are saying that even after dying in a match, it comes back.
I am having major issues finding lobbies and returning to lobby. It will sit in loading screen and I have to task manager out and restart the game. Killing the game for me.
— Kevin4k (@Goon2Goblin14) May 4, 2022
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that can help you manually resolve this infinite loading screen bug on your PC. According to a statement by Sharkmob AB, this specific issue that causes the Bloodhunt game to freeze or stuck in the loading screen while in the Elysium may be related to Easy Anti Cheat. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Keep Pressing Alt+F4 Key Shortcut
First of all, you should try force closing the game (switching to the desktop screen) because the temporary glitch with the game files or the system may trigger the infinite loading screen issue on the Windows PC. To do so:
- Keep pressing the Alt+F4 shortcut keys multiple times.
- Once the game window closes and switches to the desktop screen, simply right-click on the Bloodhunt game icon on the taskbar.
- Select Close/Exit > Next, make sure to relaunch the Bloodhunt game to check for the issue.
2. Reboot the PC
The second thing you can do is simply restart the Windows computer after closing all the running programs to ensure there is no application conflicting with the system. It’ll also refresh the system to free up system resources a lot. To do so:
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu > Click on the Power menu icon.
- Select Restart and wait for the system to boot.
3. Close Bloodhunt and Steam from Task Manager
It’s also recommended to manually close the Bloodhunt and Steam tasks from Task Manager by following the steps below. By doing this, you’ll be able to free up system resources that have been consumed by the background running processes. To do that:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc shortcut keys to open Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click on the Bloodhunt game task and select End Task.
- Do the same steps for the Steam task too > Once done, make sure to reboot the computer to apply changes.
4. Check your Internet Connection
Try cross-checking the internet connection at your end by streaming any content online or playing any other battle royale video game. If there is an issue with the internet speed or stability then you should try contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for further assistance. If requires, try upgrading the data plan for higher internet speed. Meanwhile, if you’re using the Wi-Fi network then switch it to the wired (ethernet) network for faster speed.
5. Delete EAC AppData Files
Sometimes issues with the corrupted or cached AppData files of the Easy Anti Cheat system may trigger multiple conflicts with the integrated game files on the PC. It’s better to delete the AppData files of EAC by following the steps below:
- Make sure to close the game completely and then close Steam.
- Now, press the Windows+R shortcut keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %appdata%/EasyAntiCheat in the field and hit Enter to open the EAC AppData folder.
- Press the Ctrl+A shortcut keys to select all the AppData files inside the folder.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard to remove all the selected items.
- Once done, close the window, and launch the Bloodhunt game again to check for the infinite loading screen issue.
6. Update Graphics Drivers
You should also try updating the graphics driver on your PC to run all the graphics-intensive games or programs properly. A corrupted or missing graphics driver can trigger issues with the program’s compatibility. To do so:
- Press the Windows + X shortcut keys on the keyboard to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager > Double-click on Display adapters to expand the list.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s active.
- Select Update driver from the context menu > Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Wait for the process to be completed > Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
7. Update Vampire The Masquerade Bloodhunt
If in case, you’re using an outdated game version on your PC then make sure to check for the latest game updates manually. Try installing the patch update, if available to get better features & stability. To do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Vampire The Masquerade Bloodhunt from the list of installed games (left pane).
- Now, the game page will open on Steam where you can find the Play/Update button. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to download and install the update (depending on your storage space and internet speed).
- Once done, close the Steam client, and restart the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, run the Bloodhunt game again to check for the issue.
8. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s highly recommended to verify and repair the installed game files on your computer because even a minor issue with the game file can cause crashes, lags, or stuck on the loading screen bug at any time. You can easily repair the corrupted or missing game files on your PC via the Steam client automatically. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on the PC > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Vampire The Masquerade Bloodhunt from the list of installed games (left pane).
- Now, go to Properties > Click on Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of game files…
- Wait for the repairing process to be completed.
- Once done, just restart your PC to apply the changes immediately.
9. Contact Sharkmob Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact Sharkmob Support for further assistance. You can create a ticket by submitting a request for your issue so the developers can look into it deeply and fix it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.