The Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43 are a high range of portable Bluetooth speakers from Sony which offers a high-quality premium sound and a range of features to enhance the listening experience. These Sony speakers offer convenient connectivity options, including Bluetooth, NFC, and voice control, and are waterproof and durable, making them ideal for outdoor use.
Additionally, Bluetooth connectivity is an essential feature for wireless speakers such as Sony’s SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43. However, some users may sometimes encounter issues with their Bluetooth connection while connecting to the smartphone, laptop or any other electronic device compatible with the Speaker.
In this guide, we will explore some common steps that you can try to fix your Bluetooth pairing issue on your Sony SRS XB series speaker. By following these troubleshooting steps, you will get your Sony speaker back up and running in no time.
- What Causes Bluetooth is Not Pairing on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43?
- Fix Bluetooth Not Connecting Issue on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43
- Fix 1: Make Sure Bluetooth is ON
- Fix 2: Check for Enough Charge on Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- Fix 3: Make Sure the Speaker is in Range
- Fix 4: Restart Your Sony SRS Speaker
- Fix 5: Enable and Disable the Bluetooth Connection
- Fix 6: Remove the Old Bluetooth Connection
- Fix 7: Clear the Bluetooth Cache (Android)
- Fix 8: Check the Speaker for Any Hardware Damage
- Fix 9: Factory Reset Your Sony Speaker
- Fix 10: Contact Sony Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
What Causes Bluetooth is Not Pairing on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43?
Several causes appear as to why your Bluetooth is not connecting with the Sony SRS XB series. The possible reasons include the following:
- Outdated Bluetooth software.
- Interference from other electronic devices.
- Connectivity Issue or low charging.
- Incorrect pairing process.
- Hardware or device Damage.
- Software Issues or glitches.
Fix Bluetooth Not Connecting Issue on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43
If you have any Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43 Bluetooth speakers facing Bluetooth not connecting the issue to the smartphone or other device, don’t worry. Some possible methods are available to solve the Bluetooth not pairing issue easily with your smartphone, as these Sony SRS XB series speakers are known for the high-quality speakers with several features. So let’s get started to fix the Bluetooth not pairing issue.
Fix 1: Make Sure Bluetooth is ON
Firstly, ensure Bluetooth settings are enabled on your smartphone and the Sony speaker device. Most users forget to enable Bluetooth devices from speakers and as well as a smartphone too. If the Bluetooth connection is disabled on your device, you can’t be able to connect the device.
Fix 2: Check for Enough Charge on Sony Bluetooth Speaker
The other thing to do is charge your Sony Bluetooth speaker for enough time. Sometimes, the Sony speaker battery is too low, which causes it not to pair with smartphones, as charging is needed to connect the device and perform such activities. So, check whether your Sony speaker is charged fully or not. Try to charge your Sony speaker if the battery level is low. It helps you to connect the Bluetooth device to the smartphone.
Fix 3: Make Sure the Speaker is in Range
The other main reason your Sony Bluetooth speaker is not connecting to the smartphone is that the device is not in range to connect. Ensure the device is near while connecting both devices, and choose the right Bluetooth connection from the settings. It helps you to fix the Bluetooth not pairing issue on your Sony speaker.
Fix 4: Restart Your Sony SRS Speaker
Restating the Sony speakers will help you to resolve the not pairing Bluetooth connection issue on your device. A restart will help start a fresh connection between the device and will surely fix the issue. Most users fix their not connecting issue by simply restarting the Sony speaker.
To restart your Sony Bluetooth speaker, press the power button for about 10 seconds, and your speakers will be restarted. Try to pair the Bluetooth connection on your smartphone and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Enable and Disable the Bluetooth Connection
The next thing is to disable and enable the Bluetooth connection on your smartphone. It helps you to fix the pairing connection issue between the devices. To fix a Bluetooth connection issue on Sony SRS XB series speakers, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Sony speaker and disconnect it from any other device.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone and turn off the Bluetooth feature.
- Wait for a few seconds, then turn on the Bluetooth feature on your smartphone.
- Turn on your Sony speaker and put it in pairing mode.
- Search for available Bluetooth devices on your smartphone, select the Sony SRS XB series Speaker and try to connect it.
- If prompted, enter the password or confirm the pairing on both the Speaker and the smartphone. You can try other troubleshooting steps if the Sony speaker still won’t connect.
Fix 6: Remove the Old Bluetooth Connection
Are you still facing the Bluetooth pairing issue on your device? If yes, try to remove the old Bluetooth connection on your smartphone and then restart your smartphone by pressing the power button for about 20 seconds until it’s turned off and on. Pair the Bluetooth connection on your Sony speaker with the smartphone. If the issue persists, try other troubleshooting methods.
Fix 7: Clear the Bluetooth Cache (Android)
Sometimes the apps will interface with the Bluetooth connection, which causes the pairing issue. You can fix this not connecting Bluetooth issue easily by clearing the Bluetooth cache from the settings. To clear the Bluetooth cache on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on the Apps or Application Manager option.
- Choose Manage apps and you will see the list of applications.
- Find Bluetooth or directly search to open it.
- Tap on Storage and choose the Clear Data option.
- Select the Clear Cache option and confirm it by pressing on the OK option.
Fix 8: Check the Speaker for Any Hardware Damage
It is also possible that the Sony Bluetooth speaker is not pairing due to defective hardware or physical damage. For example, if the Sony speaker is a drop from 1-2 feet, it causes the not connecting issue. So, check your Sony Bluetooth speaker for any visible signs of physical damage, such as cracks, dents, or water damage. If there is no hardware damage and still it’s not connecting to the Bluetooth, a factory reset may help you to fix the issue.
Fix 9: Factory Reset Your Sony Speaker
If you are tired of trying everything and still facing the not connecting Bluetooth issue, perform a factory reset on your Sony SRS XB series speakers, and it will help you to fix the pairing issue over Bluetooth. A factory reset will erase the paired device and turn it into default settings. So you can easily connect your Sony SRS speaker. To factory reset your Speaker, follow these steps:
- Press the power button on your Sony speaker until the Speaker turns on.
- Now press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously until the LED indicator light starts flashing.
- Now release the Bluetooth icon button and volume down button, and the Speaker will be reset to its factory settings.
Fix 10: Contact Sony Support
If you are still experiencing issues with pairing your Sony SRS XB series speaker over Bluetooth, the best action would be to contact Sony Support. They will be able to make provisions for you with assistance in troubleshooting the issue and finding a better solution to fix them. Whether it’s a software glitch or a hardware malfunction, their team of experts will be able to diagnose the problem and guide you through the necessary methods to get your speaker up and running again. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Sony Support for help with your speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cause of the Bluetooth issue on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33 and XB43 Series?
The most common cause of Bluetooth issues on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33 and XB43 Series is a weak connection between the device and the Speaker.
How can I check if my device is in Bluetooth scanning mode?
Most devices have a Bluetooth icon in the settings menu. When you open the menu, if the icon is lit up, your device is in Bluetooth scanning mode. If it is not lit up, then you will need to enable Bluetooth scanning.
Can I connect my Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, or XB43 to a computer?
Yes, you can connect your Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, or XB43 to a computer via a USB cable. You will need to install the appropriate drivers for your device and then connect the device to your computer. You can find the appropriate drivers on the Sony support website.
The Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43 are great Bluetooth speakers with long battery life and amazing sound quality. Unfortunately, these speakers have been known to have Bluetooth connection issues. We hope this guide has helped you troubleshoot and fix these issues. With the correct steps, you can now enjoy your favourite music with ease. Thanks for reading, and we wish you a great experience with your Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43. How to Fix Bluetooth Issue on Sony SRS XB13, XB23, XB33, and XB43.