The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is the most recent extensive screen, a low-cost smartphone from Chinese handset producer Xiaomi, the organization frequently alluded to as the “Apple of the East” on account of its prevailing position in that specific part of the world. Here will guide you on how to boot into Fastboot Mode on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 device accompanies a 5.99 inch IPS FHD display with an aspect ratio 18:9 that is rounded and a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels with a PPI of 403 pixels for each inch. It is fuelled by an octa-core 4 x 2.45 GHz kyro hexacore Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and accompanies a 6GB to 8GB RAM. The smartphone has an internal storage of 64GB that is extendable with the use of a microSD. The super fast fingerprint scanner is positioned on the rear of the device and above it is a 12-megapixel camera which is surrounded by a rather fetching gold-plated ring. The SIM card tray accepts two nano-SIMs and is located on the left edge of the device, the right side houses the volume and power buttons.
RECOMMENDED READ: List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 [Updated]
The Fastboot mode is also known by Download Mode or Bootloader Mode. This is very useful for many reasons. The most common use of the fastboot mode is flashing stock firmware (Stock ROMs), flashing custom recoveries like TRWP and CWM, restoring backups, unlocking the bootloader, installing OTA updates, removing bloatware, tweaking system, overclocking Android phones amongst other uses.
There are some possible ways to boot into fastboot mode on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 which includes using hardware keys, ADB command and using applications.
Enter into Fastboot Mode on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 using Hardware keys
– Turn off the Xiaomi device
– Press and hold the volume key and the power key for about 10 seconds
– Release all keys when fastboot mode appears
– You have successfully entered the fastboot mode
Boot into Fastboot Mode on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 using ADB Command
This is the alternative method to enter into the fastboot mode on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 using the ADB command.
- Install ADB and fastboot driver on your computer
- Enable USB debugging on your Xiaomi smartphone: Go to settings, navigate to the about phone option, tap the MIUI version about 7 to 8 times. This will add developer options on your device.
- Exit to the settings option, navigate to additional settings and scroll till you come upon developer options.
- You will see the checkbox for enabling USB debugging. Enable it
- That’s it. You have enabled USB debugging mode on your device.
- Connect your Android device to your computer
- Open the command window from the start menu or hold down the windows button and press the ‘R’ button to open the run terminal and type cmd on it which will then open the command prompt terminal.
- In the command prompt, enter the following command “adb devices” to check if your device is connected or not.
- Now type the command highlighted below to boot into fastboot mode
“adb reboot bootloader”
- Your device will automatically reboot to bootloader. Now you are ready to use this mode for further development.
By now you should be able to do a boot into Fastboot Mode on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 based on the aforementioned reasons. Feel free to ask questions in the comment box below.