Canon is a well-known company and in the market for so long. They are better known for camera products. You all have heard that they provide the best camera. Canon is not only famous for cameras but also for the accessories that it provides. As Canon is working great in the camera industry. They have been launching the cameras at very reasonable prices with very great features. Canon deals with cameras for different purposes, so if you want to buy for professional photography purposes then you will get a camera that is suitable for you. Similar to it, Canon Printers are also much famous in the industry. They are providing the Home & Office solution to the users at a very good price. The Canon printers come with a lot of features.
Canon MG2900 is one of their best printers according to printing quality, features, speed, efficiency, and much more. The printer comes with functions of Print, Copy, Scan, and Email. It comes with Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, Wireless Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, and much more which is best at this price range. The Canon MG2900 also supports Quiet Mode which will minimize the sound of printing papers. It comes with a flatbed scanner and supports a Contact Image Sensor (CIS) which will provide high-quality scanned documents. The printer also supports color printing which is a good thing.
The printer has the support of mobile operating systems like iOS and Android. Along with it, the printer supports Windows OS and macOS. Through the support, you will get to use the full features of the printer. So, you have to install its driver and use the printer. But, how to do this? So, we are here with the guide on how to download the driver and as well as update it. We will also tell you how to set it up when you have bought it for the first time. Therefore, be with us till the end to know more about this.
How To Download and Update Canon Printer Driver on Windows
So, we are here with the guide on how to download the Canon MG2900 driver for Windows 11, 10, or 7. Along with it, we will also tell you the steps through which you will be able to update the Canon MG2900 driver for Windows 11, 10, or 7. Therefore, check out the methods below to download the driver for the first time use.
Through the Setup CD-ROM
So, you will be getting a CD-ROM through which you will be provided with the setup of drivers and other files. Therefore, follow the steps to install the required drivers.
- First of all, you should have a PC/Laptop which has Optical Disk. You can also use an external DVD reader/writer.
- Now, put the CD-ROM correctly into the Optical Disk.
- Press Windows + E.
- You will see the CD-ROM on your This PC.
- Now, open the files on the CD-ROM.
- After it, search for setup.exe or any application which has installation files.
- Now, double-click on it.
- The setup will appear and the drivers along with the required files will be installed on your PC for the proper use of the printer.
- When the installation is complete, you will be able to use all the features of the Printer.
Through Official Website
You can also download the driver from its official website of Canon. So, follow the steps which are given below to download the driver through the website.
- Go to Canon Support Website.
- Now, type the product name of your printer in the search bar.
- After it, click on the search results.
- Now, click on Driver & Downloads.
- Select the operating system and download the driver according to the need.
- So, click on the select button on the driver which you want to download.
- After it, click on download.
- Now, after the downloading of the driver.
- Go to the downloaded location.
- Double-click on the file.
- It will start the installation process, complete it and start using your printer.
Update Canon Driver
Follow the steps which are given below to update the Canon MG2900 Driver.
- Press Windows Key or click on Start Menu.
- Type Device Manager in the Search Bar.
- Click on the Device Manager.
- Now, expand the Print tab.
- Check for the Canon Driver.
- Select it and right-click on it.
- So, after the right-click, you will see the option of updating the driver.
- Now, in the pop-up, click on Search automatically for the drivers.
- Now, follow the instruction, and update the driver.
So, in this guide, we tried to help you with the downloading and updating of the driver of the Canon MG2900 Printer. Therefore, I hope all the steps which are mentioned are clear to you, and you will be easily able to download or update the driver. So, after downloading & installing, use the app to easily access your printer. Also, if you have downloaded the software through any other methods do share it with us in the comment section.