The society we live in except a lot of us, and we indeed have to mold our tasks to fit social rules in various situations. Also, our surroundings are growing very quickly, and thus, smartphones are required at almost every stage. It is because of this reason one should not waste time selecting and owning the one. OnePlus smartphones are superior and are best for every application. This is the reason this Chinese manufacturer holds a solid reputation globally. OnePlus smartphones are reliable and are filled with quality. If you don’t mind spending a bit extra, you can probably have one of the pioneer smartphones in your pocket. In this post, I will be introducing you to the common problems in OnePlus 8T and how to fix them without taking any help.
Before proceeding further, keep in your mind that common problems are different from other issues. You are completely wrong in case you are thinking they are manufacturing defects or complex hardware faults. As their name indicates, you can find them in almost every android smartphone. This clearly indicates they are related to the phone software domain in most cases. These issues declare their presence because of no other reason than Android bugs and scalability problems in the installed apps. This is why you can fix them simply, and the procedure to do so is simpler and safe. The solutions listed in this post help fix common problems in the OnePlus 8T. Before you check them out, here is a quick review of this wonderful smartphone.
- Common Problems in OnePlus 8T and Solutions
- Connectivity problems
- Overheating Problems
- Slow Charging
- Poor battery life
- Slow Performance
- Poor Camera Quality
- Apps not working properly
- SIM/Network related problems
- The screen not working properly
- Earpiece sounds Robotic
- OnePlus 8T Fingerprint Sensor Issue
- OnePlus 8T Not Turning ON
- OnePlus 8T Not getting charged via cable/charger
- Unfortunately camera has stopped
- Unable to Login on apps
- Video Recording Issue
- Unable to Send or Receive Text Messages
- Unable to Make Phone Calls
- WhatsApp Not working on OnePlus 8T
Common Problems in OnePlus 8T and Solutions
There are a number of problems that your smartphone can experience, and it is not always necessary that a hardware fault causes the same. You thus need to check if it is caused because of a basic reason. In other words, make sure the same is not a common problem. If so, you can eliminate it easily, as already mentioned. Just read all the solutions listed in this post and apply them correctly. These solutions are completely generic and safe. However, if you customize or apply them improperly, an additional problem could be there, and things bring more complex. Thus, pay attention to everything. We at www.getdroidtips.com take no responsibility if anything like this happens. Go ahead now and check how to fix common problems in the OnePlus 8T.
Bluetooth connectivity problems
- Check if the problem exists because the device you are connecting to your phone has an older version of Bluetooth, which is not compatible with the same.
- Make sure the actual fault is not present just because you are using your phone in safe mode. This can disable the Bluetooth and other features on your OnePlus 8T
- Make sure the Bluetooth devices are closed enough to transfer the data smoothly.
- Sometimes this problem arrives when the users disable the phone security. Check and take action required.
- The visibility of your Bluetooth connection might be hidden. Open Bluetooth settings and restore the same. This can solve the problem.
- Make sure you haven’t imposed any restrictions on your phone, which can act as a barrier to Bluetooth.
- Improper pairing or the bugs in the same can be a leading reason for this problem.
- Ensure the actual fault is not present just because the cache data of the phone is not cleaned for a long time.
- Don’t confuse this problem with slow performance or any other similar issue.
- Perform a software reset, and this will definitely solve the problem
- The users have to face the Bluetooth problem just because of a minor hardware issue in the phone. Check if the Bluetooth antenna is in proper working condition
- One of the leading reasons for this problem is nothing but not entering the correct passcode while pairing the devices for the first time with each other
- Make sure the list of devices recently paired is not too long. Erase the ones which are no longer required. Reboot the phone, and this will solve the issue
Wi-Fi/Internet connectivity problems
- Turn OFF the phone Wi-Fi and turn it ON again. Try connecting now. At the same time, simply restart your router as well. Check if this basic trick works.
- The reason for this problem is activating the safe mode on your phone
- Check if the internet connection you connected your device with is having limited access to the services
- Make sure the data bandwidth limit on your internet connection has not been reached
- Your OnePlus 8T smartphone can refuse to connect to a network that is having its security disabled
- In certain cases, this problem arrives due to entering a wrong password on the device and trying to connect it with the network
- Some blocked apps might have caused the problem. Check the same
- Changing the LAN settings of your connection is another major reason that can invite the trouble
- Do check if the router has the cables properly connected on the same and the same is placed on a central location
- Make sure the limit of your router to host the devices on a connection has not been reached
- There are chances that the fault is caused just because the phone is having something wrong with its Wi-Fi antenna
- In case you recently changed the browser or the settings of the same, it can be a reason for this problem
- The problem might be with a specific domain which you are trying to open. Enter another web address and check if this works
- Some data-hungry apps can put an extra burden on the internet connection and can slow down or stop their operations
Mobile data not working
- Your data pack might have expired. Check the same and make sure it is not the reason for this problem.
- This might be happening due to crossing your daily bandwidth limit usage. Check if this is the case.
- Make sure the actual problem is not with the phone SIM card. Refer to the solutions listed under the headline “SIM/Network Problems” in this post
- Make sure if the internet services face an obstacle on your phone due to any of the possible reasons.
- This can happen in some cases when the phone is updating the installed apps or is downloading the OS updates. Check if this is the reason.
- Simply make sure the actual fault is not caused just because the storage space is not available in the phone. This can happen in certain cases.
- A problem with the service provider or with the network can be why you have to face this fault in your phone.
- Make sure you are not confusing this problem with the slow internet speed
- Check if the problem is caused by a poor signal strength on your OnePlus 8T
- Reset the network setting to the recommended mode in case you customize them. This can solve the problem for sure
- Simply restart the phone and check if this helps you to fix the issue
- Turning the roaming services OFF can be a reason for this problem on your device
- Check if the network mode selection on the phone is wrong. You might have selected a 2G network in the same when you are using a 4G SIM
- Clear the cache partition of the device and check if this solves the problem on your device
- Check if the internet connectivity on the device is poor, and the same is causing this problem.
- Make sure the actual problem is not in the phone GPS sensor. Check and get it repaired if you find the same.
- The problem could be there in the GPS antenna of the device. Thus, check the same and take the action required.
- Toggle the phone GPS and check if this works
- Sometimes running several apps in the phone that access the phone GPS cause this problem. Close a few and check if the problem is solved
- Check if the phone location services are ON. This is required for the proper working and functionality of phone GPS
- Enabling power-saving mode on your OnePlus 8T can be the reason for this problem.
- Make sure the GPS problem in the device is not related to the failure of any hardware component.
- Check if any important OS update is spending and install the same. This can solve the GPS-related common problems in OnePlus 8T
- Select high accuracy mode in the location services and restart your device. This may solve the problem.
- Check if this problem can be solved by updating the Google maps
- Recalibrate the GPS on the device using the compass app and check if the problem is eliminated
- The phone GPS might be disabled or turned OFF manually. Check and turn it ON if so
- Refreshing the GPS data on your device can solve this problem. Check if this works
- If nothing work, perform a factory restart by saving the phone data first and check if the problem is gone
- Make sure the overheating of the device is not caused by any factor related to the environment, such as a rise in temperature and so on.
- Do check the problem is not caused just because you are running the device in the power saving mode and performing multitasking.
- There are many power banks that can cause this problem in your device if you don’t select them wisely.
- The overheating-related common problems in OnePlus 8T can be caused due to the installation of third-party applications.
- Make sure you use the original charger to charge your device
- A lot of streaming applications are known to cause overheating problems in smartphones. Check if they are also the reason in your case as well
- Installation of pending software updates can fix this problem. Try the same
- Simply make sure the problem is not there just because the system apps are having something wrong with them
- Installation of so many apps in the phone and running them all together is another reason possible for the overheating
- Games can cause trouble when you install them in your device without knowing whether it actually supports the same or not
- The unused apps and data should be erased from the phone with immediate effect. The same can be a reason you are facing the fault
- Make sure a bad cable is not the reason for this problem. Check and replace the same if required.
- The slow charging of your OnePlus 8T could be due to turning ON the features such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when you are not using them.
- Check and make sure the actual fault is not with the charger you are using
- Sometimes this problem is there due to making calls or downloading the data from the World Wide Web while charging your device
- The charging port can have something wrong with the same. Check if the pins are damaged or if there is some corrosion in it
- Don’t run the phone in the safe mode, which is often a reason for the slow charging of any gadget
- In some cases, the users have to face this problem just because of continuous data synchronization
- The power source you use should not have any problem associated with it. Check the same
- The reason you are facing this problem is nothing but running multiple applications in the background
Poor battery life
- Check if the problem exists due to screen brightness which is too high. This drains the battery quicker than anything else.
- More are the apps in the device, less would be the overall backup of the battery.
- Check if this problem is caused due to turning ON Google maps, GPS, and other features with more power requirements.
- Make sure there are no power-hungry apps in your phone which are actually responsible for this fault.
- This problem is nothing but sharing the internet connection of your device with others by turning ON the hotspot.
- Check and make sure the phone battery is not faulty
- Using the camera flashlight continuously can have an impact on the battery life of your device
- One of the reasons for the battery-related common problems in the OnePlus 8T is not imposing a limit on the screen-down time
- Install an antivirus application on your device and check if there is a virus that is causing the real trouble
- Simply make sure the actual fault is not caused just because your phone is having something wrong with the hardware inside
- In some cases, this problem only arrives when you don’t restart your device after installing the new apps. Try the same
- Make sure the phone RAM is not processing a lot of data simultaneously, which can cut down the overall performance.
- One of the reasons for the common problems in the OnePlus 8T is outdated apps. Install their latest updates and check if this helps
- Do check if the phone is having something wrong with its Operating system. Install the pending update if any
- Don’t change the recommended settings to custom. This affects the overall performance for sure.
- One of the leading reason for this problem is nothing but the apps which can have any problem with them.
- I prefer the light version for a few apps on your device
- Check if the internet connection is slow and you are confusing it with the slow performance of your OnePlus 8T
- The reason you have to face this problem could be completing filling the phone storage space. Erase some data and check
- Don’t install the applications from third-party sources as the same can slow down the speed of various operations
- Simply turn OFF the device and again turn it ON. Check if this helps
- The last option is to perform a hardware reset. Save data and go ahead with it
Poor Camera Quality
- You might be capturing the pictures or the videos in low visibility. Check if this is the reason for the problem.
- The selection of a shooting mode that is not relevant to the nearby conditions can cause this problem.
- Remove the pre-installed transparent glass guard from the screen and check if this helps in fixing the issue.
- Don’t confuse this problem with the lack of cleanliness on the screen of your phone.
- Always capture the images in high resolution and make sure the flashlight is turned ON when required.
- The image stabilization option should always be used to make sure of the quality.
- Check if you are facing this problem just because of using the zoom feature
- There are chances that the actual fault is there just because your OnePlus 8T is having something wrong with the OS
- The app you are using to access the phone camera might be the actual trouble creator. Check the same
- The reason you are facing this problem is nothing but running the phone in the safe mode
- In case this problem exists only during a video call, the same can happen due to low signal quality
- Clean the camera lens simply as the finger marks and the oil particles often becomes a reason for this problem
- Your phone should have at least 10% charging left to use the phone camera properly and with high resolution
Apps not working properly
- Detain all the apps installed from the sources which are not allowed by the manufacturer. Check if this helps.
- The problem might be there just because the power saving mode or the safe mode is turned ON. This disables some features of the phone and limits its functionality of the device.
- Make sure any of the features of your OnePlus 8T is not disabled manually. This can be the reason you have to face the problem.
- In some cases, the actual problem arrives when the required and the necessary permissions are not given to the phone apps. These permission include accessing the phone data and the features.
- Do check and make sure the actual fault is not caused just because your phone is having serious trouble with the OS or hardware.
- There are chances that the actual fault is caused just because a specific app causing the problem is having a coding bug or any other problem associated with the same.
- The reason you are facing this problem is nothing but a virus on the phone. Check and take action required.
- Update the apps which are pending. This can definitely solve the problem you are facing.
- Perform a basic reboot and check if this helps to fix the problem
- Make sure the variant of the OnePlus 8T purchased by you is for the specific reason you are living. Buying the wrong one can cause trouble.
- You might be facing this problem just because you have unlocked the phone bootloader.
- Check if the actual fault is with the signal antenna on your phone
- Remove the SIM card and insert it correctly into the device. In case its access is locked with a password, disable the same
- Sometimes the problem is caused by stains on the SIM card. Check and replace them if they are beyond a limit
- The problem might be there in the SIM slot with the SIM tray as well. Check them properly
- One of the reasons for the SIM-related common problems in the OnePlus 8T is nothing but disabling the roaming services while going away from the hometown
- Check if the Airplane mode was mistakenly turned ON
- Open network settings and select the automatic option for the network selection mode. Restart the device after this
- One of the major reason that causes this problem is limited or no access to the services at your present location
- Check if the signal strength is low just because you are in a basement
- The reason you are facing this problem is nothing but the suspension of services from your SIM card
The screen not working properly
- Clean the screen of your OnePlus 8T very gently. Grease and oil particles can be there on the same, which can stop its function.
- Make sure the device is not having liquid damage caused to the same. This can stop the functionality of the screen.
- Turn OFF the screen sharing option is enabled and check if this helps to solve the problem.
- The screen sensors on your phone might have a problem associated with them. check and take action required
- You might be facing this problem just because your phone screen is having internal damage caused to the same if strikes with the floor or any other hard object.
- You are facing this problem is nothing but a specific blocked app in the phone that might have been installed from a third-party source.
- Check and make sure the fault is not there due to filling the storage space.
- This problem could be there just because of overcharging the phone in a few cases.
- If you installed a glass guard on the screen recently or if the same is of low quality, remove and check if this helps.
- One of the major reasons for this problem is nothing but an issue with the hardware inside. Get it checked
- Perform a force restart and check if this helps in fixing this problem
- Sometimes turning ON the power saving mode can limit the functionality of the screen
Earpiece sounds Robotic
- Terminate the phone and earpiece connection. Establish the same once again. Check if this works.
- You are facing this problem because attenuation is caused in the earpiece due to low signal strength while on a call.
- Make sure the sound card of the phone is not having a problem associated with the same.
- The music quality which you are playing might be too bad. The same can be a reason you have to face this fault.
- Make sure the sounds of your device are not turned down
- A problem with the earpiece itself can be a reason for the robotic sound. Check the same
- In case you use a third-party device, check its compatibility with the OnePlus 8T
- You can face this problem in some cases when the phone OS or the default sound drivers of your phone is having something wrong with the same
- Make sure the actual fault is not related to the installation of any app that is causing the problem with the sound
- The ability of the earpiece not to process the sound signal properly can be a reason for this problem. this happens mostly when the quality of the product is too low
- There are chances that the earpiece is faulty. Check them with another phone
OnePlus 8T Fingerprint Sensor Issue
- First of all, simply clean your hands. Dust or debris on the fingers can be a reason for the problem.
- Gently clean the fingerprint scanner on the phone with a soft cloth and check if this solves the problem.
- This problem can sometimes declare its presence due to filling the storage space of the phone.
- The fingerprint scanner might not be working due to a bug in the Operating System. Check and take the required action.
- Simply delete the saved fingerprint from your OnePlus 8T and add it again. This can solve the problem.
- One reason for the fingerprint-related common problems in the OnePlus 8T is nothing but putting pressure on the fingerprint scanner very softly. Put a bit more pressure on the same with your finger and check if this works.
- Always make sure to add more than one fingerprint
- Your fingers might be wet, and the same can be a reason for this problem
- Always give priority to the phone updates. Installing them make sure the problem wouldn’t declare its presence
- Check if there is a minor injury on your finger which might be acting as a barrier for the scanner when it tries to read the information from the same
- Performing a factory restart can solve this problem. If this doesn’t work, the reason for this problem might be a hardware fault in the phone.
- Sometimes this problem could be there due to allowing multiple apps installed in the phone to access the fingerprint scanner on the phone. Check and take action required.
OnePlus 8T Not Turning ON
- Check if the phone battery is charged. This could be due to the consumption of entire juice from the same.
- An issue with the third-party app can cause this problem. Thus, check all the apps before installing them on the phone and making sure they are compatible with the same.
- Make sure to press the power button a bit harder and check if this helps
- Sometimes this problem would be due to a fault in the power button. Check and take action required
- An unknown software glitch in the device can be a reason for this problem. Check and take action required
- There are chances that the phone is getting turned, but it’s the screen that is not. Check and make sure this is not the actual issue in your case
- This might be happening because you restarted or turned OFF your device when it was updating
- Know the exact number of seconds for which you need to press the power button. Sometimes this problem is there just because you are pressing the same for a very short span of time
- Liquid damage to your OnePlus 8T can be a reason for this problem. Check and take action required
- Hardware damage in your phone can be the reason for this problem. Check and get it repaired
- Overheating can sometimes turn off the device automatically, and you cannot turn it ON unless the inner temperature comes down the normal range
- Check if the phone can be turned ON in safe mode. Press the power button with the volume up/down button for the same. If this doesn’t work, try opening it in the recovery mode
OnePlus 8T Not getting charged via cable/charger
- Check if this is a problem just because the phone battery is faulty
- Make sure the phone charger is in proper working condition
- A loose connection between the phone and the charging cable can be a reason for this problem. Thus, make sure to connect them properly
- A bad app or the one installed from a third-party source can be the reason for this problem
- Don’t use a third-party charger as this can be a reason for this problem
- Check if dust or debris is there in the charging port and clean it. The same can be a reason you have to face this problem in your device
- In some cases, the phone gets charged, but the charging percentage icon doesn’t give the correct information. This can happen due to a software bug. Check and install the latest updates if the same is pending
- Sometimes the charging-related common problems in OnePlus 8T are experienced when the charging socket/power source you are using to charge your widget is faulty
- Check if the actual fault is with the charging cable. Check and replace the same if required
- This problem could be due to the detection of moisture in your OnePlus 8T. Check its level and take the required action
- Remove the last application you installed and check if this helps you to deal with the problem
- An issue with the phone motherboard can be the reason you have to face this problem
- The pins in the phone socket might be damaged, and the same is causing this problem. Check the same
- Drain the phone battery completely and charge it again. Check if the problems are solved
- Performing a forced restart to the phone can fix this issue. Simply try the same
Unfortunately camera has stopped
- One possible reason for this problem is an issue with the default camera driver software in the phone. Check if installing the new updates for the OS fixes this problem.
- Make sure you aren’t using a third-party camera application that is not compatible with your OnePlus 8T
- Disable the safe mode if your phone is running in the same
- This problem could be there just because the phone has something wrong with any of the hardware components inside
- Close the camera application if it is running in the background and open it again after 30 seconds. Check if this solves the problem
- Delete the cache of the camera application and check if this helps you to deal with the problem
- Do check and make sure the actual problem is not caused just because the camera lens is faulty or is having damage on the same
- There might be no storage space available in the phone or in the memory selected for storing the camera files, and the same can cause this problem. Most of the times, the camera-related common problems in OnePlus 8T are because of no other reason than this
Unable to Login on apps
- Check if the concerned app is outdated. Updating the same from the Play Store can fix this problem.
- Do check if the Google Play Service on your device has something wrong with the same because it can affect the working of installed applications.
- The low storage space on your device can be a reason for this problem. check and do the needful in this regard
- There are chances that the actual problem is with your account created on the app. Check
- Make sure there are no recent changes in the user’s policies of the concerned app.
- One of the reasons for the app login-related common problems in OnePlus 8T is not cleaning the cache data of the concerned app. Try it and check if this solves the problem.
- You might be running the app in custom mode. Check this as it’s a common reason for this problem.
- A weak internet connection can also be the reason for this problem. Check it and do the needful.
- Check if there is a security concern with the app which is responsible for this problem.
Video Recording Issue
- Check if the camera lens is dirty. This can be a reason for the problem with your device.
- One reason for the Video-recording related common problems in the OnePlus 8T is the low storage space available. Check and empty the same.
- Running the camera app in custom settings can be a reason for this problem in some cases.
- You need to make sure the problem is not caused just because your OnePlus 8T camera lens is physically damaged.
- There are certain chances that the problem is caused because of a software issue in the device. Update the OS if a new version is available and check if this fixes the problem
- Turn ON airplane mode and check if videos can now be recorded. If so, simply close everything running in the background and close notifications. Restart your device after this
- The problem might be there because you are using a third-party camera app your device cannot fully support. Check the same
- Restore all settings to default in video recording settings and check if the problem is gone
Unable to Send or Receive Text Messages
- Make sure the contact you are sending the message to is not blocked
- Check if the problem is there just because the message center number for the network operator is not correct or missing in your OnePlus 8T settings
- Simply clean the message app data and check if the problem is solved
- Erase some older messages that are no longer required and check if this works
- Restarting your device may solve this problem. Try it and check
- Remove the SIM card from your device and reinsert. This may solve the problem. Try it
- Check if the problem is from the network provider’s end
Unable to Make Phone Calls
- This problem might be there because the Airplane mode on your device is turned ON. Check and turn it OFF.
- Eject the SIM tray and reinsert after 10 seconds. This may fix the problem
- Reset the network settings to default in case you recently customize them and check if this works
- Phone call-related common problems in OnePlus 8T are often caused when the network selection mode is set to manual mode. Switch it to automatic and check if this fixes the problem
- You might have blocked the phone contact you are trying to call. Check this in the block list
- Simply restart your device and check if this fixes the problem
- Make sure the call barring option is not turned ON because this can be a reason for this problem
- Install any pending software update and check if this helps you to fix the problem
- The reason for this problem might be a lack of calling credit. Check and fill the same
WhatsApp Not working on OnePlus 8T
- Check if you are violating any WhatsApp user policy
- Switch to default settings in the settings and check if this works
- Check if the WhatsApp storage on your OnePlus 8T is completely filled. Erase some data and try again
- Sometimes this problem is caused when users log in to the same account through multiple gadgets. Make sure you have not logged in to your account from a PC/parallel smartphone at the same time
- There are chances that you are running WhatsApp on an outdated OS. Check and take action required
- Simply switch to the latest WhatsApp version if you haven’t installed its updates for a long time
- Make sure something is not wrong with your internet connection
- Clear the WhatsApp cache data and check if this fixes the problem
- WhatsApp-related common problems in OnePlus 8T are caused in some cases when VPN is turned ON. Turn it OFF and check if the problem is gone
If you don’t want these problems to declare their presence again in your device, follow this guide after every Android update or when you installed multiple apps simultaneously. It takes 10 minutes hardly, but you can make sure your device runs smoothly post doing so. Do let us know if you need to know anything else about common problems in the OnePlus 8T. If the problems are still present, make sure the same is not due to a hardware fault. Contact OnePlus 8T official support in such a situation.
- Comprehensive Guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Your OnePlus 8 / 8T
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 8T [Updated]
- Unbrick Tool: How to Restore OxygenOS firmware on OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 8T Stock Firmware collections [Stock ROM flash file]
- Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 8T | How-to Guide
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8T [GCam APK]