A hard-bricked device is nothing but just a blank screen on your phone’s screen. You might get the vibration once you push the power button but there is no further response from the device itself. And if you are also stuck with this issue on your device and are getting an error message called ‘Your device is corrupt. It can’t be trusted and will not boot’ then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to get over this issue and error after relocking the bootloader on your smartphone.
Note that you can still execute commands on your hard-bricked phones. You might have bricked your device while installing a new custom ROM on your device, or trying to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone then, this guide is just right for you. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
Fix “Your device is corrupt. It can’t be trusted and will not boot” after the relocking bootloader
Notably, you just need a Qualcomm driver and a recovery package. Below is the list of pre-requisites that you need to have before heading on with the procedure.
- Make sure to back up the entire data on your phone.
- Download the compatible USB drivers of your device.
Steps to unbrick your phone
- Firstly, download and install drivers and recovery tool on your PC.
- You need to turn off the Driver Signature Electronics on your Windows desktop.
- Turn off your device for about 40 seconds.
- Now press only the Volume Up button for 10 seconds and connect your phone to the PC.
- Keep the volume up pressed till your phone is detected in the Device Manager. (Unknown Device, QHUSB_BULK (under Unknown Devices) or Qualcomm HS USB …… (under COMs and Ports)
- Now right-click on your device shown in the Device Manager and head over to extracted recovery package and run MSM Download tool as administrator.
- You need to tap on the Start button located at the top left corner and wait for the procedure to finish.
- Disconnect your phone and boot your device.
- That’s it!
There are a few important notes and points that you need to keep in mind as per the original post:
- To fix the bootloader menu which was changing after flashing through this tool. Just flash the zip in the recovery from the link below after flashing the ROM through this tool, and you are good to go.
- Please boot your device, set it up then go back to recovery and flash this file.
- When the tool gives the “Sahara error”, DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE from your PC, and press the volume up and power button.
- If you are stuck at param processing while flashing the device. Here is the link for the updated tool.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to unbrick the device. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post or not. Until the next post…Cheers!