Crime Boss: Rockay City is an engaging organized crime game that blends first-person shooter gameplay with strategic turf battles. Players can immerse themselves in the solo campaign or join forces with friends. Assume the role of Travis Baker, an ambitious individual determined to conquer Rockay City and become its undisputed ruler. Developed by INGAME STUDIOS and published by 505 Games, Crime Boss: Rockay City is available on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, and Series S platforms.
After the release, multiple PC gamers face issues with Crime Boss Rockay City games apart from crashes, lags, stutters, frame drops, etc. Multiple players face it regardless of whether the PC is powerful regarding Crime Boss Rockay City not launching or not loading issues on the Windows PC.
After waiting a couple of years, interested players can now play the full version of the game on the PC. However, for several reasons, it becomes one of the most common issues to encounter the PC game not launching issue. Whereas if we talk about the Crime Boss Rockay City game not loading issue, this is probably happening with the Epic users as per the online forum reports.
- Fix: Crime Boss Rockay City is Not Responding or Loading on the PC
Fix: Crime Boss Rockay City is Not Responding or Loading on the PC
Luckily, some possible workarounds are mentioned below to fix the easily won’t launch or not loading issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the Launcher as an Administrator
First, you should try running the game launcher as an administrator on Windows to allow the launcher program and the game files to run properly. Not running the game or client as an administrator, you may find it pretty difficult to avoid crashes or not launching issues that require UAC (User Account Control) access. Ensure to follow the steps below to do so:
To run the Epic Games Launcher as an Administrator, follow these steps:
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher executable file: Navigate to the folder where the Epic Games Launcher is installed on your computer. By default, it should be in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64.
- Find the executable file: Within the Win64 folder, locate the Epic Games Launcher executable file, named
- Run as Administrator: Right-click on the
EpicGamesLauncher.exefile and select ‘Run as administrator’ from the context menu. If prompted by User Account Control (UAC), click ‘Yes’ to grant the necessary permissions.
The Epic Games Launcher will now launch with administrator privileges. To make this a permanent setting:
- Open Properties: Right-click on the
EpicGamesLauncher.exefile and select ‘Properties’ from the context menu.
- Compatibility tab: In the Properties window, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Run as Administrator: Under the Settings section, check the box next to ‘Run this program as an administrator’.
- Apply changes: Click on the ‘Apply’ button and then on ‘OK’ to save your changes.
The Epic Games Launcher will now always run as an administrator when launched from the
You can also do the same steps for Crime Boss Rockay City game executable file to ensure the game application has UAC access.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
Make sure to update your graphics driver on the PC because an outdated GPU driver may trigger multiple issues with the game launching. You should try checking and installing the graphics driver update (if available). To do that:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list to open the interface.
- Now, you’ll need to double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s active.
- Next, click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- An update will automatically download and install the latest version if available.
- Once done, make sure to restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you can’t find any update, you can go to the official graphics card website and manually search for the update. If in case, a new version is available, just download the file on your PC and install it. You can find out the official manufacturer’s website link below.
3. End Background Processes
Make sure to end the background process on your system because unnecessary tasks can easily trouble the resource-hungry applications to run properly. If in case, your system becomes laggy or slow, the system resources are getting low at that moment. To remove unwanted processes:
- Press the keyboard’s Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > select the task you want to close individually.
- Then click on End Task to close it.
- As mentioned, do the same steps for each task that you want to close.
- Once done, close the Task Manager window, and restart your PC.
4. Run the game in Windowed Mode
If in case, the game seems to crash a lot, you can try setting up the Display Mode to Windowed from Full Screen. To do that:
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start Menu > Type %LOCALAPPDATA% on the search bar and open it.
- Go to the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder > Search for the ‘Prospect’ folder.
- Open the mentioned folder and go to the Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor directory.
- Under the WindowsNoEditor folder, you’ll find a file called ‘GameUserSettings’.
- Open the user settings file using any text editor > Set ‘FullscreenMode=1’ to ‘FullscreenMode=0’ to save changes.
- Finally, try launching the game again to check for the issue.
5. Disable DirectX 12
If you use DirectX 12 on the PC, you can try turning it off. As the DirectX 12 version is the latest one available for Windows, it may be possible that your PC configuration isn’t capable of running it. To turn it off:
- Just head over to Settings > Video > Set ‘Enable DX12’ to ‘Off’.
- Restart Crime Boss Rockay City game after applying changes.
6. Disable Multi-Threaded Rendering
The in-game video settings menu in Crime Boss Rockay City title seems to have a multi-threaded rendering option enabled, somehow conflicting with the game crashing quite often. Make sure to disable the multi-threaded rendering option from the game menu to try to resolve the issue. If using an AMD processor, turn it off and reboot the game to apply changes.
7. Turn Off Antivirus Protection
You should try turning off the Windows Defender protection on your PC to ensure no antivirus software is blocking the game files from running properly. To turn it off:
- Press Windows + I shortcut keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to turn off the Real-time protection toggle simply.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
8. Repair Game Files
A corrupted or missing games files on the PC can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or performance whatsoever. To do so:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Crime Boss Rockay City.
- Click on Verify, and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- It should fix Crime Boss Rockay City Crashing issue on your PC.
9. Update Crime Boss Rockay City
If none of the methods worked for you, check for Crime Boss Rockay City game update because an outdated game version can have bugs or stability issues. So, if you haven’t updated your game for a while, then follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest update.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Crime Boss Rockay City.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.