Diablo 3 is one of the most famous hacks and slash action role-playing games available for all the major platforms, which include Xbox One, Play Station 4, Windows, and even Nintendo as well as macOS. This is also known as the fastest-selling PC game, as it sold more than 30 million copies. But now, after the vast anticipation, some people are criticizing the game. They say that the game is full of bugs, and they are experiencing error codes. Especially the Error Code 1016 is displayed several times.
So if you are among the gamers group who are seeing this error code, then probably you are in the correct place. This is because many of our users reported that they are seeing this error code on a regular basis whenever they are playing the game. So, let’s get started.
What is the Issue?
The issue is more or less simple. Diablo 3 is an online role-playing game that is entirely dependant on the internet. We would like to add that this game has a lot of bugs, But whenever you reach out to Blizzard, they only have a reason that your internet connectivity is not functional. They don’t help the gamers, besides giving the problem on their heads. When the error code 1016 arrives, this means a generic network connection error, and possibly that is an internet issue. But all the time, internet connectivity is not an issue. There may be some internet operating system errors too that contribute to this error code 1016.
The error code 1016 pops out whenever the user his enjoying is game. The notification comes in between the gameplay and thus ruins the experience. Moreover, they are unable to save the progress online as the connection is lost according to the Diablo servers. So we will today rectify this issue. So let’s begin.
What Causes the Error Code 1016?
There are quite a few causes behind this Error code 1016 in Diablo 3. The main reason is, however, internet connectivity as we heard from Blizzard. But on our observations, we will list the causes of this error code 1016 in points.
- IP Adress Problems: IP stands for internet protocol. And probably they are most valuable when you connect to the internet. If any problem occurs with the internet protocol, your internet will stop working.
- IPv6: IPv6 stands for internet protocol version 6, and it is in its latest form after version 4. And so is the reason that most of the applications and games don’t support this protocol. So it is best to disable this one before proceeding.
- Firewall: This can be the primary reason as the firewall prevents the application from contacting thier servers, thus causing the error of internet connectivity, and showing error code 1016.
So these were the causes of Error Code 1016. Now we will look at the solutions that will help you fix the problem by yourself without interference from anyone.
How to Fix Diablo 3 Error Code 1016?
Now we will discuss all the possible fixes for solving the problem of error code 1016 that the users are experiencing while playing the game Diablo 3. So let’s go directly to the fixes
Fix 1: Flush the DNS and reconfigure
We will here discuss the codes that will solve the problems of all internet connectivity issues. Especially the game-related ones. They include flushing the DNS and reconfigure in order that the problem does not get triggered. DNS stands for Domain Name System. Follow the steps below to continue.
- Click on the Windows+R button together to open the run dialogue box.
- In the run dialogue box, type “cmd.”
- Then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together, to open the command prompt with admin privileges
- After that type the following command:
ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew
5. At last press Enter.
When complete, reopen Diablo 3 and check if the issue still persists. If it is still there, move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Disable IPv6
IPv6 or Internet Protocol version 6 is the latest version for protocols. Thus it is mostly incompatible with older games. So you need to disable that. To disable IPv6, follow the steps below.
- Click on Windows+R button, and press Enter key
- In the run dialogue box, type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter key again.
- In the network settings window select the current network adapter
- Then go the properties to disable the IPv6 configuration
- Press OK at last
This will disable the IPv6 network. To perform a restart when you finish disabling the network settings. If this does not solve your issue, consider moving on to the next fix.
Fix 3: Add the Game in Exception List on your Antivirus
Although this happens occasionally, it leads to severe issues like the error code 1016. The antivirus and the firewall on your computer or the antivirus do not allow the software to connect with the main server. This is due to the antivirus protocols it follows. The antivirus thinks that the server it is trying to connect is malware and so it does not let it connect. So adding the Diablo 3 in the exception list may help you solve this error code 1016. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Double-Click on the antivirus application that is on the desktop
- Then in the antivirus window, click on settings
- Then click on general settings
- After that, click on exclusions.
- Then add “Battle.net” in the list
Another antivirus may have other settings, but this one is universal. So you may try this out. Further, if your problem isn’t solved, we have a bonus trick for you.
Fix 4: Check the integrity of in-game Files
If any game file or data is missing from the game folder, then the game may display the error code. So to cure this, you need to check for the integrity of in-game data and do a repair if necessary. Further, this may solve all of your issues regarding error codes and lag. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Double click on “Battle.net” from the desktop
- When the application opens, go to your game
- Then is the game click on options
- In the options menu, select “Check integrity of files.”
This will take several minutes and, at last, solve your ongoing issue. Also, you will not face any other problem while gaming.
In this guide, we have discussed the error code 1016 that the gamers of Diablo 3 are facing. And we have also discussed the fixes, which will solve all these issues. We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you have any queries or feedback, feel free to comment down below with your Name and E-mail ID. Likewise, check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks for more such tips and tricks. Thank You.