This is a game where if you want a break for intense grinding of everything, you can pick up this game, kill stuff, pick up gear along the way that you can also share with others, and grind notalgic easy to play. However, each Diablo game has its merit and beauty to the whole of the Diablo Universe, I still enjoy going back to the previous versions to play, but none keep my attention like Diablo 3.
Anyway, I heard a lot of players complaining about the Reddit forum that the Diablo 3 multiplayer is not working on their PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox, or Switch. Well, there are some workarounds that we have for you in this guide that has the potential to resolve if the game is not working at all. So, make sure to follow each method very carefully.
- How To Fix Diablo 3 Multiplayer Not Working on PC
- How To Fix Diablo 3 Multiplayer Not Working on Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, etc.)
How To Fix Diablo 3 Multiplayer Not Working on PC
This is divided into two parts; in the first part, we discussed the possible fixes that will help you resolve the error on your PC. Meanwhile, in the second part, you’ll find the fixes if you are using a console. So, perform the fixes as per your need:
Fix 1: Reboot Your Device
First thing comes first! As always, the first fix that you need to try is to reboot your device. Rebooting your device will clear each temporary cache data that is causing the issue. So, reboot your system and then rerun the game to check if it starts working again or not. However, most probably, if the issue occurs due to the cache file, then the issue will get fixed; otherwise, you have to perform the other fixes discussed below.
Fix 2: Close The Background Processes
If there are many applications running in the background, then it is also possible that your game may not be able to get the needed resources that it needs to run smoothly; that’s why it starts crashing or not working. So, we suggest you close the background processes using the task manager by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Initially, go to the Start menu and right-click on it. Then, select the Task Manager from the opened list.
- After that, except for the system-related processes, select and end task each process located in the Processes tab.
That’s it. Now, reboot your system and then run the game to check if the multiplayer not working issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 3: Run As Administrator
If in case the age won’t get permission to use the resources that it needed due to security reasons, then also this type of error occurs. Well, in this situation, running the game using admin rights will help you to get rid of this situation. So, here are the steps to do so:
- Initially, go to the desktop and right-click on the Diablo 3.exe file.
- After that, from the drop-down context menu, select the properties option.
- Then, shift to the Compatibility tab and checkmark the box located in front of the Run this Program as administrator option.
- After that, finally, hit the Apply button followed by the Ok button to save the changes you have made.
That’s it. Now, you will see that the game starts working fine as it was before, and now you are able to play it without getting any errors.
Fix 4: Update GPU Driver
There are chances that you may not update your GPU driver for a long time. So, to get rid of this error, we suggest you keep your GPU driver up-to-date. However, to do so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, hover to the Start menu and search for Device Manager.
- After that, double-click on the Display Adapter tab to expand it.
- Then, select your GPU manufacturer name and right-click on it.
- Thereafter, choose the Update Driver button from the opened drop-down menu.
That’s it. Now, you have to wait for a while until it searches for the update. However, in the case of this method, you won’t get any updates; then, you can hover to the official website of the GPU manufacturer and use the model number to see if there is any new patch update available. We suggest you download and install it manually on your device if so.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Just like GPU driver update, it is also very important that you keep your Windows OS updated. Many of us generally ignore the OS update as we think it is nothing to do with the performance of our PC. But, that’s not the truth, as it also ensures better performance by fixing the bugs and glitches that the previous patch update contains. So, you must check and, if available, then update it immediately.
Fix 6: Check Connectivity
Did you check if your internet is working properly or not? Well, sometimes, a poor internet connection may also be the reason why your game is not working. Therefore, it is very crucial to have a good internet connection. Meanwhile, to make sure that your WiFi is giving you proper speed or not, you can simply hover to the Ookla speed tester website and test your connection speed.
If the WiFi provides you with a decent connection speed, then we suggest you power cycle your router once and check again. After that, if still the connection issue is not fixed, then contact your ISP provider and ask them to fix it. After that, run the Diablo 3 and check if the multiplayer not working issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 7: Run SFC Scan
If the error is still bothering you, then finding the reason behind this error is very important, and to do so, you should run an SFC scan using the command prompt. Therefore, if you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you require to open the Command Prompt window using the admin privileges.
- After that, execute the command:
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game
In the very unfortunate situation, if the issue won’t get fixed even after trying each method mentioned earlier, then there are possibilities that some of the game files may get corrupted. Therefore, to fix this, except reinstalling the game,m you have no other choice. So, you can uninstall the game from your device and reboot your Windows PC. After that, reinstall it. That’s it. Once you do this, the Diablo 3 multiplayer not working issue will automatically get fixed. Now, you are able to play the game again on your PC without facing any major issues.
How To Fix Diablo 3 Multiplayer Not Working on Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, etc.)
There aren’t many fixes available for the console user. So, let’s take a look at what we have for you to fix this issue.
- First of all, reboot your console (Xbox, PS4, PS5, Switch).
- After that, remove the disc and insert it again to check if it starts working.
- Check if your controller is fully charged or not.
- If possible, then we suggest you use an ethernet cable.
- Check for the software updates.
- Still, no luck? Try to rebuild your console’s database.
- Finally, reinstall Diablo 3.
Also Read: Fix: Diablo 3 Stuck on the loading screen
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix if the Diablo 3 multiplayer is not working on your PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5, or Switch. We hope this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, in case you have any doubt or need more information, comment below.