Bethesda Softworks and id Software has done a tremendous job with the Doom Eternal title that did release in 2020. In this epic single-player campaign video game, players have to slay Hell’s armies to protect Earth across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity. However, it seems that there are several issues and errors troubling you in Doom Eternal. Meanwhile, some unfortunate players are facing the Doom Eternal Achievements Not Unlocking issue even after completing missions.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Some reports are claiming that a patch 126.96.36.199 for physical copies of DOOM Eternal is required to properly unlock achievements. If you’re running the older patch version then you may face achievements unlocking conflicts in Doom Eternal. Do keep in mind that if a disc copy of DOOM Eternal user bypasses the update, achievements will not be unlocked.
- Fix: Doom Eternal Achievements Not Unlocking
- 1. Reboot the Doom Eternal Game
- 2. Run Doom Eternal as an administrator
- 3. Update Doom Eternal
- 4. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 5. Delete the Save Data and Repeat the Achievement Criteria
- 6. Turn Off Steam Online and Enable It Again
- 7. Check for the Server Status and Wait For Sometime
- 8. Restart the Steam Client
- 9. Check for Steam Updates
- 10. Try Disabling Mods and Third-Party Programs
Fix: Doom Eternal Achievements Not Unlocking
After playing the game for hours and giving so much dedication, if the achievements don’t unlock then it can be frustrating a lot. Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should help in fixing this issue. If you’re using Steam to play Doom Eternal then make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Doom Eternal Game
First of all, you should try rebooting the Doom Eternal game on your PC to ensure there is no issue with the temporary glitch or cache data whatsoever. Sometimes a normal restart of the game can fix multiple issues or conflicts quite easily.
2. Run Doom Eternal as an administrator
Ensure to run the Doom Eternal game application file as an administrator to avoid user account control (UAC) without having privilege issues. It would be good enough to run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on your Doom Eternal application file.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to select it.
- Select Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Update Doom Eternal
It’s also recommended to check for the Doom Eternal updates by installing the latest version to ensure that there is no issue. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Doom Eternal > It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for some time to complete the update process.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
You can also try to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC via Steam to ensure there is no issue with the corrupted or missing game files.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Doom Eternal from the left pane.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for it to complete > Reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Delete the Save Data and Repeat the Achievement Criteria
You should delete the saved game data which are related to the achievements from ‘Manage games’ and repeat the achievement unlocking process by playing the missions again to avoid errors.
6. Turn Off Steam Online and Enable It Again
The Offline Mode on Steam is a better option to play Steam games without an internet connection but this specific feature might not be useful in some cases to unlock achievements due to the offline mode. We’ll recommend you turn on Steam Online by following the steps below.
- Open the Steam client > Click on the Steam menu from the top left side.
- Click on Steam > Select Go Offline from the top toolbar.
- Click on the Enter Offline Mode option.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and select Go Online again.
- Once the online status is synced properly, you can try running the game again.
7. Check for the Server Status and Wait For Sometime
Another thing you can do is check the Bethesda.net Status Portal to ensure if there is an issue with the online services or not. If the Bethesda.net Live Services are not fully operational or going through an outage or maintenance then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and then try checking again. You can also visit the third-party DownDetector Doom Status webpage to check the user reports.
At the time of writing this article, there is no major issue with the online services. If you also find no issues with the live services, just head over to the next method.
8. Restart the Steam Client
You should reboot the Steam client on the PC by following the steps below to refresh the temporary glitch whatsoever.
- First, close the Doom Eternal game > Close Steam.
- Right-click the Steam icon in your taskbar and select Exit.
- Next, press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Then click on Processes > Click on the Steam task and select End Task.
- Now, launch Steam and run the Doom Eternal game again.
It should resolve the Doom Eternal Achievements Not Unlocking issue is fixed or not.
9. Check for Steam Updates
You can also check for the Steam client updates by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated patch version. Sometimes the update notification might not appear but you can manually check for the same.
- Open the Steam launcher > Sign in to the account.
- Now, click on the Steam menu on the top left side.
- Click on Check for Steam Client Updates… in the drop-down menu.
- Steam will start checking the available updates.
- If a new update is available, it’ll start installing the same.
If in case, Steam is already running on the latest version, it’ll show a message that says “Your Steam client is already up to date”.
10. Try Disabling Mods and Third-Party Programs
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to try disabling mods and third-party programs manually. Though Steam mods are easy to install and use, they can cause several issues with the game launching and achievement unlocking. Just close the game then close Steam > Temporarily disable all mods and third-party programs. Once done, make sure to relaunch the game and then try unlocking the achievements again.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.