Finally much waiting and many developer preview evaluation builds, Google has declared the Android Oreo update with Android version 8.0. The update was made available for download for a variety of both Pixel and Nexus devices, and if you are someone like us, the odds are that you have previously installed the Oreo update in your own compatible Android device. In this guide, we will help you to Downgrade From Android Oreo to Nougat.
But as is always true with lately released software updates, they’re not 100% Nominal. And even when these builds are liberated of issues, there are always possibilities of incompatibility with programs on your own phone because newer Android versions frequently bring newer APIs and deprecate a few of the previous ones, making some programs incompatible with the latest Android release.
If you already have installed Android Oreo update, you may face issues with the newest version of Android. You may want to consider downgrading from Android Oreo into Nougat (7.1.2) onto your Pixel or even Nexus device.
To downgrade from Oreo into Nougat in your Pixel or even Nexus device, you want to install/flash the 7.1.2 Nougat Android mill image for your device. This requires you to have unlocked bootloader in your phone. Additionally, be aware that all info in your phone will likely be wiped upon flashing the mill image for Android Nougat, so be certain that you copy every important file on the prior flashing the mill image.
And therefore, this page covers downgrade method for all these devices only.
Download Android Nougat for Different Devices:
- Pixel C: Download link.
- Nexus 6P: Download link.
- Nexus 5X: Download link.
- Nexus Player: Download link.
Downgrade Pixel Firmware Link:
- Verizon: Download link.
- T-Mobile, Fi carriers, and Rogers: Download link.
- Deutsche Telekom: Download link.
- International: Download link.
Downgrade Pixel XL Firmware Link:
- Verizon: Download link
- T-Mobile, Fi carriers, and Rogers: Download link
- Deutsche Telekom: Download link
- International: Download link
Steps to Downgrade from Android Oreo to Nougat
- Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat mill image specific to your device for your PC, then unzip it to another folder.
- Installation ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Start USB debugging on your Android.
- Connect your device to PC via USB.
adb reboot bootloader
└ You might receive a prompt on your device to “Permit USB Debugging”, pick Yes/Ok/Allow.
- Run/execute that the flash-all. Bat script in the files we pulled in Step 1.
And you are done!! We hope you may have completed downgrading from Android Oreo to Nougat on your pixel following this step by step guide.